Refund the fans

I didn't go last night, but I sincerely hope our owner does the right thing and offer a refund to all fans who bought a ticket and made it up to Sunderland despite the awful traffic situation to watch that shower last night.

DM said himself the players gave up.

Yet the fans by all account still tried to keep them going.

Not good enough and would make a huge statement of intent to the players and galvanise the wider fanbase too at what is a tricky time.

Let's see if he can do the decent thing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

I didn't go last night, but I sincerely hope our owner does the right thing and offer a refund to all fans who bought a ticket and made it up to Sunderland despite the awful traffic situation to watch that shower last night.

Not good enough and would make a huge statement of intent to the players and galvanise the wider fanbase too at what is a tricky time.

And take the money from the players wages.

• Like 3

Guest Grandad
12 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Chairman's not got a pot to pee in. He's had to sell next season's season tickets to pay the bills for this year. 

What do you want him to pay the refunds with?

9 minutes ago, Supersiggi2 said:

Can't stand this self entitled modern day attitude. 

I went. When I buy a ticket to watch Wednesday, I don't do it on the proviso we'll win or even play well. 

You win some, you lose some. It's football. 

Yep but the least you can expect is 100% effort for 90 minutes. We didn't get that last night. Simple as that. 

Guest mrbluesky
19 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Not this again, man up and move on, if you are unhappy at a 5-0 loss, you are in the wrong game, no matter the circumstances.

10 minutes ago, Supersiggi2 said:

Can't stand this self entitled modern day attitude. 

I went. When I buy a ticket to watch Wednesday, I don't do it on the proviso we'll win or even play well. 

You win some, you lose some. It's football. 

Each to their own - you don't have to accept a refund.

It's about a statement from a business owner, about PR of the club.

Take the emotion out of it, it's a business to him - and losing 5-0 in that way in the public eye on the last game of 2021 is not a good look on him either.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Using your logic the club should then charge us double if we thrash a team 5-0?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Chairman's not got a pot to pee in. He's had to sell next season's season tickets to pay the bills for this year. 

Make it megastore vouchers then.

But come on, we can't seriously be having this conversation?

Its about £80k we're talking here.

He's managing to find a hell of a lot of money every single week to happily pay these players - or indeed not having to sell them in the summer.

If we didn't have a pot to pee in we'd be seeing a drastic change in attitude when it comes to our squad - regardless of whether he wants promotion.

Guest Grandad
4 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Make it megastore vouchers then.

But come on, we can't seriously be having this conversation?

Its about £80k we're talking here.

He's managing to find a hell of a lot of money every single week to happily pay these players - or indeed not having to sell them in the summer.

If we didn't have a pot to pee in we'd be seeing a drastic change in attitude when it comes to our squad - regardless of whether he wants promotion.

He's borrowed £6.5m from a loan shark and consistently sold tickets for the following season earlier and earlier. 

He's chucked his life savings and more at the club. 

50 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Why should the owner refund?

You said further down that DM said the players gave up. 

Working hard and putting effort in costs nothing and should be a basic to work towards.

DM and the players didn’t do that last night,  if a refund was to happen and I don’t think it should. 

DM and the players should dip into their own pockets and refund the fans.

While we’re at it captain fantastic should come out and explain that performance last night, after all he is the “Leader” you never here a peep from him unless it’s good. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

He can't even refund season ticket holders correctly

Little chance of this.. Clubs dying a death with this joke of a chairman and his cronies running the show. 

I find it truly amazing that any fan who has still not been refunded for season tickets still continues to give money to this money club. Seriously amazing.

(this isnt aimed at you quinns, but everyone)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, Grandad said:

owls not having enough to pay this years bills and the Chansiri family fortune are 2 different things

• Like 1