Just got back

What a shît show that was. 

we looked like a team that hadn’t played for 19 days. 

Sunderland looked like a team bang in form 

I can’t single a player out that deserved any credit at all 

Wednesday fans were fantastic. At 5-0 down belting out Honolulu wednesday and we’ve got/lost the ball.
Deserved so much better than that. 

not listened to post match report so don’t know if DM said it or not, so…..

we go again on Monday. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Harsh to blame the team for the result in my opinion.

There's a global pandemic and in the past few weeks Wednesday have been at the epicenter..

We don't know how that affected them mentally, seeing their families and colleagues suffer.  

It'd play on all our minds, and I don't think it's right to be playing football at all until the team is mentally fit.

The blame lies with the EFL and Govt who either could stop the game to wait for a better time to play.

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Manwë said:

There's a global pandemic and in the past few weeks Wednesday have been at the epicenter..

We don't know how that affected them mentally, seeing their families and colleagues suffer.  

It'd play on all our minds, and I don't think it's right to be playing football at all until the team is mentally fit.

The blame lies with the EFL and Govt who either could stop the game to wait for a better time to play.

I know this is fishing a bit but other teams don't seem to be as effected by the confusion over covid like Wednesday were last night.

Think we have players who are weak mentally and basically not as good as some people think they are.

If those games had not had been postponed we would be using the 'we were tired' excuse that gets trotted out.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Manwë said:

Strange that most other teams don’t seem affected and as for blaming the EFL and government for an abject display, No.
I say absolutely not. Look closer to home. The various players employed by this club haven’t won an away match after going behind in more than five years. It all boils down to leadership from the top. A leadership that has put the club in League 1 with a group of players mostly unwanted by other clubs.

No more excuses

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Manwë said:

It doesn't lie with the EFL.  The pandemic affects all clubs and the whole population, we just have to make the best of it.

We lost a game of football, we lost it badly. It happens, it's not nice but the fault lies at Hillsborough. Nobody is free from some level of blame from the owner right through to the players and coaches. Once we accept that rather than blaming others we might have a chance of rectifying the problem.

We never start well after a long lay off. we might be doing ok going into an international break but we rarely play well straight after one. We have no fit centre backs other than one inexperienced one. We try to play 3 at the back without centre backs. When we go behind our heads drop, after their second we gave up, it happens regularly, I hate to see that in a Wednesday team, that's not what Sheffield is about.