Moore Out

3 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Moore still has an awful lot to prove, can he galvanise the squad again after tonight? But will people please stop saying we have one of the best squads in the league, we clearly don’t! We’ve just been pumped 5-0, the players gave no fight. So many of them point fingers it’s embarrassing. Best squad in the league?! No chance.

I have said this over and over our squad consists primarily of mainly Championship and on loan Championship and PL players loaned to us.

We haven't been stagnating in this Division for Years unable to climb out,nor have we been freshly promoted from an even lower tier.

We haven't been bound by the lower League salary cap,when it was in place,and were able to offer generous terms,way above what others could offer for L1. players...FACT

7 of our squad were Championship regulars in a season where despite everything,we were only relegated due to an EFL Sanction...

We do in my view have one of the best squads in L1 which is an opinion obviously,but supported by the above info i feel is 'fair comment' and why many on here feel the Manager is not doing well enough...

Even Bully or Thommo i feel would give us a chance of the play offs   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Genuinely though before we start the Moore out...  Who would you get in to replace?  Is there anyone better that would be willing to come here, we had a merry go round of managers last season, that didnt exactly work out...  Sunderland are in great form, it was always going to be tough.  We need to strengthen in the transfer window, Moore at least seems to attract players.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, catdog1121 said:

Genuinely though before we start the Moore out...  Who would you get in to replace?  Is there anyone better that would be willing to come here, we had a merry go round of managers last season, that didnt exactly work out...  Sunderland are in great form, it was always going to be tough.  We need to strengthen in the transfer window, Moore at least seems to attract players.  

Warnock...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

2 managers interested in taking the Ipswich job….

Alex Neil. Won promotion to the PL with Norwich. Always had a good Preston side. 

Neil Harris. Won promotion out this league in the past. Guided Cardiff to the CH play offs in 18/19. 

I’d argue both would be upgrades on Moore who has no history of promotion which should be a key component in selecting a manager. 

Edited by 0114
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, parajack said:

I have said this over and over our squad consists primarily of mainly Championship and on loan Championship and PL players loaned to us.

We haven't been stagnating in this Division for Years unable to climb out,nor have we been freshly promoted from an even lower tier.

We haven't been bound by the lower League salary cap,when it was in place,and were able to offer generous terms,way above what others could offer for L1. players...FACT

7 of our squad were Championship regulars in a season where despite everything,we were only relegated due to an EFL Sanction...

We do in my view have one of the best squads in L1 which is an opinion obviously,but supported by the above info i feel is 'fair comment' and why many on here feel the Manager is not doing well enough...

The issue of not enough goals still exist from last season...  And we still have an issue between the sticks, BPF is better than we have got but nothing special.  Were laking in defence..  It wont be easy to fix these issues..  L1 is a tough league to get out of,  looking at the clubs that could come down this year its unlikely to get easier..    Were a few players short of a top L1 team, those players would make the difference in the silly last min goals we have conceded meaning a draw rather than a win and scoring a few extra goals turning a draw into a win.. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I could cope with the manager being sacked if that's what had to happen

I could cope with that

I could cope with Chansiri making a change to try and ignite the season

I could 

I could cope with it

But I know for a 100% FACT that I could not cope with what would come next

First it would be the 'Big's that are suggested by our fans

"Big Sam"
"Big Ron"
"Big Jim"
"Big Mick"

Then it would (as it always does) move onto

Why not give it Waddle? He knows the club
Why not give it John Sheridan? He knows the club
Why not give it Ryan Lowe? He knows the club
Why not give it xxxxxxxxxxx insert ex player here xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ? He knows the club

Then it would be

Get Carlos Back

For months

Months it would go on with some of our fans doing the above all day every day

I 100% could NOT cope with THAT again

indignation-jump-1.gif

I do hope you're not suggesting that significant numbers of football fans are little more than slogan generators with a very limited repertoire that don't think about these things very, very seriously and frequently coming up with evidence and solutions that have never been thought of before?

For one, I absolutely reject such a concept.

:dry:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Can’t see Moore getting the bullet any time soon to be honest. It just doesn’t seem to be the Chansiri way. We normally like to leave it until things are way too late to make a change of manager. The most that could realistically happen if we go on a losing streak over the next three or four games is Thompson might get the caretaker job again and then we will prat about for another four months before making a permanent appointment. Top six finish is still a reasonable possibility even after that horror show. No points out of the next three games and even that will look un doable. 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I could cope with the manager being sacked if that's what had to happen

I could cope with that

I could cope with Chansiri making a change to try and ignite the season

I could 

I could cope with it

But I know for a 100% FACT that I could not cope with what would come next

First it would be the 'Big's that are suggested by our fans

"Big Sam"
"Big Ron"
"Big Jim"
"Big Mick"

Then it would (as it always does) move onto

Why not give it Waddle? He knows the club
Why not give it John Sheridan? He knows the club
Why not give it Ryan Lowe? He knows the club
Why not give it xxxxxxxxxxx insert ex player here xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ? He knows the club

Then it would be

Why not give Neil Warnock the job till the end of the season

That's bad enough

But then we'd also get stuff like....

Get Carlos Back

For months

Months it would go on with some of our fans doing the above all day every day

I 100% could NOT cope with THAT again

indignation-jump-1.gif

And then at the end of that, we’d arrive at the only sensible and logical conclusion, that, deep down, we all know there’s only one man for the job…

garymegson

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, 0114 said:

2 managers interested in taking the Ipswich job….

Alex Neil. Won promotion to the PL with Norwich. Always had a good Preston side. 

Neil Harris. Won promotion out this league in the past. Guided Cardiff to the CH play offs in 18/19. 

I’d argue both would be upgrades on Moore who has no history of promotion which should be a key component in selecting a manager. 

Maybe if they would come...

Rome was not built in a day.

a bump in the road today .

it happens especially away at the league leaders having had COVId rip through the squad.

Calling for the manager to be sacked when we haven’t lost a league game for so long is absolutely ridiculous , in fact embarrassing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

He is 73...  And would he actually come here?  What have we got to offer, no funds for transfers..  And a squad that is lacking so key players.  Just cant see it..

Age is a number he would come in a blink  think of the experience and knowledge he has..

• Like 1

The manner of tonight’s defeat is not acceptable.  No question about it.

BUT are we where we should be at this stage given all the issues the Club has had in recent years due to mismanagement emanating at the very top of the Club?

Is mid table mediocrity where we should be right now? -  it takes time and resources  to build and develop a team.  Should we be satisfied with consolidation?

Are we overreacting?  Is DM capable of building a team?  Does he know what he is doing?  

I don’t know the answer but we cannot keep sacking managers, hailing the next messiah, getting rid when results don’t go our way and repeat the cycle of failure.  Do we shrug off the set backs in the hope DM gets it right?  If DC believes in DM then he gives him to the end of the season at the very least unless relegation is a possibility (which hopefully it won’t be!).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, parajack said:

It’s simple for me, and again only my opinion, but our squad is full of injury prone players and freebies (available on a free for a reason). They rarely show the battle or ability when needed hence why we’re struggling to impose ourselves on the league.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

The issue of not enough goals still exist from last season...  And we still have an issue between the sticks, BPF is better than we have got but nothing special.  Were laking in defence..  It wont be easy to fix these issues..  L1 is a tough league to get out of,  looking at the clubs that could come down this year its unlikely to get easier..    Were a few players short of a top L1 team, those players would make the difference in the silly last min goals we have conceded meaning a draw rather than a win and scoring a few extra goals turning a draw into a win.. 

L1 clearly is not  a  tough League to get out of,Rotherham have been relegated to it 3 times,and if they get out this Year,they will have been relegated and got straight back out to the Championship 3 times consecutively. Barnsley also got out straight away.....WW promoted last Year and in a play off position currently...

stop repeating DM rhetoric 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, catdog1121 said:

He is 73...  And would he actually come here?  What have we got to offer, no funds for transfers..  And a squad that is lacking so key players.  Just cant see it..

Keeps getting jobs 

and one of the most promoted managers in English football

All I’m saying is he’s effective. End of season big promotion bonus take it from there

we need a winner one that will win anyway it takes. Warnock as popular or unpopular as it is would get results 

would he come? We can say that about anybody thrown into the mix depends on how good we are at negotiating 

we are just sat outside the playoffs with one of the most talented squads this team is here to be lead by the right man 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1