SUNDERLAND -V- WEDNESDAY

Just now, sexpistol said:

What if he has had Covid and hasn’t trained much? I don’t think anyone can criticise the team when we don’t know the fitness of the players.

I'll be honest he's gets free pass tonight re the selection. Just nice to have a game on.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

What if he has had Covid and hasn’t trained much? I don’t think anyone can criticise the team when we don’t know the fitness of the players.

TBH Moore has previous in leaving Theo on the bench when fit. Still he'd be a good sub to bring on for the second half or last 30 mins.

We can't pass judgement on the team selection, some players will fit than others given we don't know who was infected. Still a strong line up and bench given circumstances could have been far worse. Interesting to see Mendez- Laing  starting.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, TheBoyBeevers said:

Just Windass, Kamberi and Byers missing then, and Byers might have just not made the squad. 

Outsider the longer term absentees, we’re not doing too badly. 

Theo on the bench is disappointing, but I’m keen to see NML get into things too.  

This is what I like to hear, bit of positivity amongst all the moaning shiits, bet they've been gutted not having owt to moan about for 19 days.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

TBH Moore has previous in leaving Theo on the bench when fit. Still he'd be a good sub to bring on for the second half or last 30 mins.

yes agree, he isn't a wing back that can defend but maybe in future with experience as he's young although on other side of it he keeps the ball in opposition half & causes a threat but need to be solid against these, wear them down piz them off & unleash the threat. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

how about in previous matches when he has been benched? He should be one of the first names on the team sheet. 

Yeah true but we dont' know if he's fit and well enough tonight

Am also guessing Moore will try and shut up shop tonight and stop the onslaught rather than put a pacey tricky winger on from the start

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah true but we dont' know if he's fit and well enough tonight

Am also guessing Moore will try and shut up shop tonight and stop the onslaught rather than put a pacey tricky winger on from the start

So plays the defensive NML instead of him ? 😃