The North West Corner (crows nest?)

After my first couple of games at Hillsborough stood behind the LL goal, our group moved to “The Triangle” for a better view. Had a regular spot until we considered ourselves big enough to move to the kop.

Excellent view. And not as exposed to the elements as you might think. Kop was much colder.

Yeah and need help to place the game. It was a night match v Liverpool about 40 years ago so no seating. Wicked night, cold wet and windy (the weather not me!) so got proper togged up.  Got crammed in like sardines, wind blew over top of us, taking the rain away and got hotter and hotter as game went on till nearly passed out. Think we won or drew 2-2

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

10 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Yea..He means like a Dairy lea triangle..Like I said

""cheesy Wedge"..Me uncle used to call it that in the 60's...Mind he was a bit odd

I do think I've heard it called The Wedge though for sure

But what's the actual name for it (e.g. majority view)

The Wedge
The Cheesy Wedge

The Triangle
The Crows Nest

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Yeah and need help to place the game. It was a night match v Liverpool about 40 years ago so no seating. Wicked night, cold wet and windy (the weather not me!) so got proper togged up.  Got crammed in like sardines, wind blew over top of us, taking the rain away and got hotter and hotter as game went on till nearly passed out. Think we won or drew 2-2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I do think I've heard it called The Wedge though for sure

But what's the actual name for it (e.g. majority view)

The Wedge
The Cheesy Wedge

The Triangle
The Crows Nest

I'll settle for "cheesy triangle"..but remember my "cheesy Wedge" is going back nigh on 60 years

53 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Once only. Euro 96 game Croatia v Denmark if memory serves correctly. 
Good seats, pretty central and remember being impressed by a very different view of Hillsborough. 

Me too, though I was in the lower half. Still a good view and close enough to see/hear the smaller contingent of Croatian supporters.

• Like 1