Atdhe

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He scored a goal every 277 mins for us and was directly involved in a goal every 178 mins.

Not too bad for a striker of his type, who offered a fair bit more than just a goal threat.

Agreed. It's fairly myopic to view a strikers benefit simply in the goals scored column.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I suppose when all is said and done, wether Nuhiu would have done a good job this season is not really the issue.   I do personally think he would have, as long as it wasn't going to be at the expense of getting Gregory in.

He didn't want to stay, no matter what division we were going to be in.   He was becoming fed up here and didn't want an extra year.

Atdhe was a strange one. He always gave his all and I couldn't help but like him. He was brilliant and rubbish and you never quite knew what you would get. He was a big cumbersome giant but exceedingly quick footed with the ball. He would pull the ball back and flick it with his other foot leaving othe players in his wake but he looked painfully slow when he was lumbering round the pitch. He was good at roughing up defenders and unsettling them but he spent more time on his backside than most.

6' 6" tall you would expect him to be brilliant with his head but he had a way of jumping that left him lower than before he jumped, he's also got a head like Creighton on Red Dwarf, the ball could go anywhere.

I loved him and coul;d see why others thought he was dreadful.

I miss him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Those would be top flight goals wouldnt they? Remind me how many the big lummox Nuhiu scored for us in the top flight?

This is like arguing which was the least poo the, Allegro or the Ambassador.

Steve Whitton with his 4 top flight goals in 32 games