Klopp

darra

2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Kids are all doing that Ronaldo celebration and noise. One lad, 16 years old, did it and I asked whether he even supports Man U…. His answer ‘I support Ronaldo’

Kids these days don't have a clue, when I grew up I was exposed to lots of football history, it used to be on TV etc. Nowadays football started at beginning on the PL due to how sky cover it and the importance of football history and culture is largely lost on them, unless somebody starts taking them to actual games.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yeh I don’t believe it for a second

For me i used to hate Liverpool then I started seeing similar traits in the Man U fans starved of success so I kinda wanted Liverpool to win to rub it in for them and also klopp.

I can’t have a football conversation with those fans usually, as if they say they support Man Utd i take it with a pinch of salt as it doesn’t give me an idea of whether they actually like football or just say it. I’d much prefer a Leeds or sheff u fan to talk to about football because if they say that it’s a better indicator that they actually follow football. Having said that it’s rare I come across sheff u, Barnsley, Rotherham, Leeds much more likely.

Bunch of Leeds fans in my local and not one em goes to games

8 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Kids these days don't have a clue, when I grew up I was exposed to lots of football history, it used to be on TV etc. Nowadays football started at beginning on the PL due to how sky cover it and the importance of football history and culture is largely lost on them, unless somebody starts taking them to actual games.

Thats why I enjoy watching ITV's Big Match Revisited. 

Can’t stand klopp , constantly moaning about fixture congestion . You get congestion if your successful so surely as a manager that’s a good thing. Never hear him or any manager moaning about the pointless champions league games they play or about 2 legged ties in that competition. I wonder why. 

• Like 1

On 24/12/2021 at 14:01, FreshOwl said:

Modern day players are such wimps man. Always whinging about this that and the other. Now they can’t manage 3 games in a week when British football has always been like that? 

Funny how the top clubs at supposed breaking point can find the energy for a lucrative Far East tour during the closed season.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Had to giggle earlier, all the fuss about 5 subs etc. The top teams rarely use 3z

City 4-0 up at half time, could have fetched anyone they wanted off. 85 minutes played and, they’d used 1 sub.

That could be due to players contracts. Read an article a few years ago about a city player whose contract included payments for assists, corners won, tackles made etc. The article said such clauses weren't uncommon in the EPL.