Klopp

darra

On Thursday he's on the radio complaining that Liverpool has something like three games in seven days. Today, Friday, it's on the radio that their boxing day game has been postponed due to covid. Just shows how quickly it's spreading. 

30 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He's a top manager but a proper antagonistic pr*ck.

Getting to Fergie levels where he seems to be able to say whatever he wants without any sort of consequences.

He was a breath of fresh air at first, but he's become truly scouse-ified. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Leeds was very convenient. They should have to use reserves and youths and then the players would get vaccinated 

I read somewhere the other day that Leeds was one of very few squads with the players all fully vaccinated, which was why they'd had no games called off yet. That aged well! 

Seems that the current outbreak is all asymptomatic, but they still have to isolate hence the game being off. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

He was a breath of fresh air at first, but he's become truly scouse-ified. 

Yeah, I suspect we were all hoodwinked a bit by the affable German persona that he portrayed in his first few years.

The mask has fully slipped now and we very much have whiny, passive aggressive ballbag Klopp now.

Brilliant manager and they'll be fooked sideways when he does leave, but bloody hell I find his shtick boring these days.

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yeh I literally wanted Liverpool to win the title because of Klopp, I fell for it

Honestly, I'd rather endure several years of City winning the bloody thing than having to tolerate another Liverpool title win.

Having a few good mates who are plastic Scousers is just the worst. 

At least my good mate who is a City fan, was watching them back in the Div two days. I can still relate with him on some level, even though there's a chasm between the two clubs these days. Plastic Scousers, Man U fans are just from a different planet. Even worse when they try and talk about your team in League One.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I read somewhere the other day that Leeds was one of very few squads with the players all fully vaccinated, which was why they'd had no games called off yet. That aged well! 

Seems that the current outbreak is all asymptomatic, but they still have to isolate hence the game being off. 

Yeh I don’t believe it for a second

36 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Honestly, I'd rather endure several years of City winning the bloody thing than having to tolerate another Liverpool title win.

Having a few good mates who are plastic Scousers is just the worst. 

At least my good mate who is a City fan, was watching them back in the Div two days. I can still relate with him on some level, even though there's a chasm between the two clubs these days. Plastic Scousers, Man U fans are just from a different planet. Even worse when they try and talk about your team in League One.

For me i used to hate Liverpool then I started seeing similar traits in the Man U fans starved of success so I kinda wanted Liverpool to win to rub it in for them and also klopp.

I can’t have a football conversation with those fans usually, as if they say they support Man Utd i take it with a pinch of salt as it doesn’t give me an idea of whether they actually like football or just say it. I’d much prefer a Leeds or sheff u fan to talk to about football because if they say that it’s a better indicator that they actually follow football. Having said that it’s rare I come across sheff u, Barnsley, Rotherham, Leeds much more likely.

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

For me i used to hate Liverpool then I started seeing similar traits in the Man U fans starved of success so I kinda wanted Liverpool to win to rub it in for them and also klopp.

I can’t have a football conversation with those fans usually, as if they say they support Man Utd i take it with a pinch of salt as it doesn’t give me an idea of whether they actually like football or just say it. I’d much prefer a Leeds or sheff u fan to talk to about football because if they say that it’s a better indicator that they actually follow football. Having said that it’s rare I come across sheff u, Barnsley, Rotherham, Leeds much more likely.

There was a Spurs fan on the radio saying how difficult it is to support them due to their lack of success. They haven't won a trophy for 13 years ffs.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

The kids at school are unbelievable in this regard: gladly point out how crap Wednesday are, and are incredulous when I suggest they should support a local team. Bizarrely, if I then say ‘ok, I’ll support City now’, they say ‘you can’t do that’🤷‍♂️

It’s amazing how many kids in Sheffield have grandparents from Liverpool or Manchester too… those places must have been enormous 60 odd years ago.

• Like 1

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

The kids at school are unbelievable in this regard: gladly point out how crap Wednesday are, and are incredulous when I suggest they should support a local team. Bizarrely, if I then say ‘ok, I’ll support City now’, they say ‘you can’t do that’🤷‍♂️

It’s amazing how many kids in Sheffield have grandparents from Liverpool or Manchester too… those places must have been enormous 60 odd years ago.

It's only going to get worse. 

Most of these kids who are "fans" think of real football like they do bloody FIFA. 

Honestly, I went to watch us v I think Shrewsbury and there were two young kids in the crowd with their Man City tops on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Kids are all doing that Ronaldo celebration and noise. One lad, 16 years old, did it and I asked whether he even supports Man U…. His answer ‘I support Ronaldo’

Sad day when we got rid of corporal punishment. 

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Kids are all doing that Ronaldo celebration and noise. One lad, 16 years old, did it and I asked whether he even supports Man U…. His answer ‘I support Ronaldo’

Tbf I support Atdhe Nuhuu

• Haha 2

Well, there’s a few things that could help here

Reduce the PL to 18 or 16 teams.  Higher quality, fewer games.

PL clubs can utilise the huge squads they have accumulated by hoovering up lower league talent on the cheap 

Adapt to different styles of play that conserve energy rather than playing flat out for 90 minutes because fixture congestion isn’t a new  phenomenon 

But none of those would ever be acceptable to them.  So while fixture congestion can occasionally be a very real welfare concern - fuuck ‘em.

• Like 1