Four years ago to the day since Carlos….

Looks more and more of a mistake as each year goes by. That said I think Moore is showing signs of getting us back on the right track. Be interesting to see where we are next Christmas and if Moore is still in situ? If he is then we’ll

be on our way back forwards IMO?

• Like 5

That first year raised everyone`s hopes and dreams , and it was largely a wonderful ride.

The second year, where ironically we finished higher , was when the wheels came off , and it was mainly down to awful recruitment.

That season we brought in Fletcher,  Kean , Reach , Abdi , Jones , Sasso , McManaman , Buckley , Winnall , Rhodes , Fox and Emmanuelsson for something like £25M plus loan fees etc.

And out of those 12 I think Fletcher was the only player in the starting line up for the play off second leg.

Not only was the recruitment horrible , but the eye watering amount of money spent without any future planning saw us just 4 years later back in League 1.

If, as we are led to believe , the recruitment was out of CC,s hands then he has some sympathy , what he doesn`t get any sympathy for is our weak , dishcloth , defensive tactics when it really mattered against Hull and Huddersfield.......ah well , what might have been.

Edited by Screen Door Slams
  • Like 3

Has gone on and done pretty well back in Portugal.

Think the rot had set in quite a bit before he got his p45 or he decided it was time to move on.

We had the two seasons of nearly getting promoted and then the team just looked utterly knackered, devoid of energy, intensity and most worryingly belief.

I was at his last game against Boro (both him and Monk got fired afterwards) and we were so far off the team of the previous few seasons. Running around in that god awful 150 year anniversary kit too.

• Like 1

Such a shame we finally had the means to be promoted back to the PL and we wasted them on Carlos and the recruitment team who didn’t follow the manager’s requests.  

Carlos was one of my favourite owls bosses but there’s no denying that had we hired a manager like Hughton or Bruce and given them control of the transfer funds we would have been promoted in that second season.  

• Like 1

That first season under Carlos we played some wonderful stuff. We had some bad games as well but it was an exciting time to be an Owl..

Second season we never turned up in the first half but still got into the play offs. With the right recruitment and a less negative attitude we would have got automatic promotion. If he'd not gone negative in the play offs we might still have got promoted.

He should have gone after that season. I didn't think so at the time but I was wrong.

• Like 1