Christmas Day on Owlstalk - Please Read

48 minutes ago, New Maple Staple said:

Happy Holidays from Canada. -26 at the moment with a windchill factor of -36. Off out in a bit to watch a Christmas day movie at the cinema.

Nowt a woolly hat and long johns wont cure.

Are you going to see 'Belfast'? People keep recommending it

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

04540AFE-543B-40B3-A1C6-EFEB6E748E4A.jpeg

When the guy serving you said 'do you want chili sauce on that?' and you replied 'just a little bit' he took you quite literally didn't he. 

Looks drier than Katie Hopkins Chuff. 

Still going for one though cos you've planted the seed in my brain now. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

When the guy serving you said 'do you want chili sauce on that?' and you replied 'just a little bit' he took you quite literally didn't he. 

Looks drier than Katie Hopkins Chuff. 

Still going for one though cos you've planted the seed in my brain now. 

The chilli sauce thing was sneaky 

I thought the same as you so tucked in to find that he’d squirted it all over the next level down 

Burnt my mouth out 

lol

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The chilli sauce thing was sneaky 

I thought the same as you so tucked in to find that he’d squirted it all over the next level down 

Burnt my mouth out 

lol

Ah, the old sneak attack. Far more noticeable when sober. 

I was ill throughout last week and just assumed it was the flu as I didn’t posses any real symptoms.

We were due to hold a family party on Christmas Eve but I unfortunately tested positive.  I’ve locked myself away and allowed everyone to get on with it.

I didn’t get chance to spend last Christmas with family last year due to being out of town and the rules being changed last minute. I moved back to the midlands this year and I still haven’t been able to celebrate with them 😄 

im avoiding social media as seeing everyone having fun, smiling and enjoying company is quite demoralising whilst I spend my 6th day looking at the same four walls!

Still, aside from the headache and cough, I’m doing okay! I just wish I had a tin of quality street and a Terrys Chocolate orange 😄 

i hope my fellow Wednesayites had a lovely Christmas. Up the Owls.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, Liam_Baggies said:

I was ill throughout last week and just assumed it was the flu as I didn’t posses any real symptoms.

We were due to hold a family party on Christmas Eve but I unfortunately tested positive.  I’ve locked myself away and allowed everyone to get on with it.

I didn’t get chance to spend last Christmas with family last year due to being out of town and the rules being changed last minute. I moved back to the midlands this year and I still haven’t been able to celebrate with them 😄 

im avoiding social media as seeing everyone having fun, smiling and enjoying company is quite demoralising whilst I spend my 6th day looking at the same four walls!

Still, aside from the headache and cough, I’m doing okay! I just wish I had a tin of quality street and a Terrys Chocolate orange 😄 

i hope my fellow Wednesayites had a lovely Christmas. Up the Owls.

Sorry to hear/see that Liam, here.....image.png.67781e4de15444a1969072ec633a6faa.png

image.png.f4fa7333d3d2ccc2840892f325fce490.png

• Love 2

On 23/12/2021 at 20:03, @owlstalk said:

Owlstalk as always will be open, operating and welcoming on Christmas Day this year

Over the years Christmas Day on Owlstalk has been a very lovely friendly place, and in particular a great place to hang out for those who might be on their own for whatever reason

I really look forward to chatting to you all on Christmas Day and want every Wednesday fan to know that if you're on your own at home or elsewhere that we would love to see you and hear from you on Christmas Day as we spend time chatting, laughing and getting through the day

See you on Christmas Day!

Only just seen this as I’ve been fortunate enough to have company (albeit very stressful in-laws company)..Such a great idea and much needed support! No one should feel alone..I’ve been there so understand how important this is.

• Like 1