Christmas Day on Owlstalk - Please Read

3 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Thanks mate. Lost my sense of taste and smell for a few weeks back in the early Covid days of March 2020 but both are fine right now. Tempted to order a curry today instead of píssing about making Xmas dinner!

Sounds good to me. Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Merry Christmas owlstalkers.

20 years on this website now.  Only online community I am part of.  I post from my home where my wife has gone back to bed and my kids have abandoned all presents already and are playing Fortnite. So thought I would drop in whilst I do the cooking.

Sounds a bit like ours apart from the Mrs has got up. The kids haven't got around to opening their presents yet but when they have, my daughter will then disappear straight away to go on social media with her mates and my son will be online gaming with his mates on his PlayStation. 

I'll be doing the cooking as usual even though I can taste bugger all.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's unreal that people have been Owlstalk readers/members for over 20 years now!

Incredible!

Its more than "Unreal" mate...Its been a mainstay of humour, argument, apologies, hatred, more apologies, f.ookin' hilarious posts

p*ss taking..apologies....fallings out, stormings off..

Its been a bit like real life

I'm sure ive fallen out with most on here at one time or another,I'll hold me hands up...I mighta been wrong once lol

But I simply like the folk on here that can disagree with you on one thread, and totally agree on another...No harm done

So..I'll take this opportunity to apologise to anyone ive upset in last year...Cos life brings pressures, and sometimes you swipe out at stuff that doesn't really matter..I think I may have done that a couple of times cos of stuff that has f.ook all to do with Owlstalk, but mainly all to do with me

So...Ive drawn a blank sheet now..and start anew

Yer all C.oonts

Only jokin'

Happy Christmas each and every one of you

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's unreal that people have been Owlstalk readers/members for over 20 years now!

Incredible!

I remember back in 1999 when I first went to university and having (free) access to the internet for the first time in my life and discovering Owlstalk.

I was posting like a proper moron, a real bellend, back then - and possibly still continue to in fairness - but what a community and what a amazing job you've done in keeping this going through thick and thin since. 

It's a part of my life, a massive thankyou for being a place to vent frustration and place to revel in glory (occasionally) - and wish you all a top Christmas evening and New Year.

• Love 2

Merry Christmas all fellow owls. Got a positive test result on 21st. Had all 3 jabs and a frontline worker looking after people with covid-19 since it started. Part & parcel of the job I'm in. Not a great Christmas, but there's people worse off. Hope everyone on owlstalk & everywhere is having a great day and staying safe. All the best for 2022. Keep up the great work Neil. WAWAW. Here's to a promotion party at the end of April (or maybe mid may).

• Love 1

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Incredible!

I was member number 2, I couldn't remember my password, and despite knowing you for years wouldn't let me reset it. So had to start a new login

Grrrr it's a good job I like you 🤔🤔🤔