BOXING DAY MATCH POSTPONED

48 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

So if my maths is right we’ve played 10 home games and 12 away , by the time we play at home again this could be 14 away. If we don’t start playing games without fans this could be a real advantage in the run in ??? 

At this rate half season tickets will be starting in February. 

In the long run this might work in our favour. It gives us a chance to get out injured back, plus our rivals with smaller squads will hopefully struggle with the mental fixture backlog in the new year.l

Rotherham especially had a shocking run last year with the backlog of games, hopefully the same will happen again 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Waddle93 said:

Getting however have we ever beaten Burton?

We have never beaten Burton Albion. 

We have played them 4 times and lost 2 and drawn 2.

Wednesday have however beaten Burton Swifts twice in League 2 in the 1899/1900 season.
Burton Swifts were a forerunner of Burton Albin who were only formed as recently as 1950.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

We have never beaten Burton Albion. 

We have played them 4 times and lost 2 and drawn 2.

Wednesday have however beaten Burton Swifts twice in League 2 in the 1899/1900 season.
Burton Swifts were a forerunner of Burton Albin who were only formed as recently as 1950.

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

did the double over them a few years ago 

297677223_Confused2.gif.b471681f9a8f901b93a6a80539bd99e9.gif

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Good shout that. I'm of an age now where I'd  reluctantly have given it a miss out of caution anyway even though a ST holder. 

Might look for a local non league game though.

Buxton are at Matlock in the Peak District el classico on Monday the 27th

How come there's no covid affected players playing for all these non League clubs but soooo many in the league clubs ? Lack of testing is one I'd have thought but surely they are doing lateral flows? 

Am I missing summat here 

13 minutes ago, Watto said:

How come there's no covid affected players playing for all these non League clubs but soooo many in the league clubs ? Lack of testing is one I'd have thought but surely they are doing lateral flows? 

Am I missing summat here 

Covid is modern and of foreign origin. I’m surprised it’s even interested in the EFL let alone the non-league 

15 hours ago, GoldGigsChris said:

What excuse can I use to get a break from the family now? 😀

Go and sit by yourself for a few hours, and shout angrily a few minutes before you make your way back to the family and when they ask say it was a “disappointing draw”

no one will question it.

• Haha 3