Oldham Athletic ban three fans for three years for 'promoting dislike' of club

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59742923

A really worrying development, and one which surely won't sit well with any football fan, or anyone who values free speech for that matter.

These fans will have been following their club for years, and for a bloke from the other side of the world with no ties to the club prior to talking ownership three years ago to ban them is disgusting.

• Like 5

On 21/12/2021 at 17:47, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59742923

A really worrying development, and one which surely won't sit well with any football fan, or anyone who values free speech for that matter.

These fans will have been following their club for years, and for a bloke from the other side of the world with no ties to the club prior to talking ownership three years ago to ban them is disgusting.

BBC now reports that these fans have now had their bans rescinded on appeal, but have, instead, been issued with a “final written warning”.

So, to a degree, common sense has prevailed, but these fans now need to tread carefully, I should think.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

BBC now reports that these fans have now had their bans rescinded on appeal, but have, instead, been issued with a “final written warning”.

So, to a degree, common sense has prevailed, but these fans now need to tread carefully, I should think.

Nah.  They need to keep doing exactly what they were doing.

Otherwise the owner has won.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank Mr Chansiri for being a kind and generous owner, and a marvellous chap to boot. I above all appreciate his kindness in allowing us, his appreciative customers, to witness the fruits of his wonderful tenure at Hillsborough.

Reckon that's me safe for now.

• Haha 2