Game in Germany abandoned following racist abuse

GermanBird

Hi,  I need your opinion on this one:

This weekend a football game in the 3rd tier in Germany has been abandoned after 30 min due to a racial abuse from the stands. 

i am against any kind of racism and i believe that something has to be done about it. 

However, is it right to ruin the day of 6.500 people only because 1 person behaved badly?

According to the reports, it was just one person who offended the player. The players went off the pitch, the person who abused the player was found out and removed from the stand and the supporters of both teams chanted "Nazis out"  in solidarity with the player. 

However, the players refused to continue the game to make a mark against rassism.

It is important to me that rassism gets extinguised, but to quit a game  with more than 6000 visitors because of one person seems a bit over the top - or what is your opinion??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

No they have made the fan's suffer due to 1 racist person's actions. If he was ejected why would the players feel the need to punish everyone else who didn't do anything wrong? I find that utterly bizarre 

I don't know the detail. Yet given the abandonment, I would assume that the culprit wasn't identified. Neither do the players have the right to abandon the game; Only the referee as sole arbiter have that authority. If our mantra is 'Stamp it Out' then stamp it out it must be. So I'm with the referee on this one !     

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I don't know the detail. Yet given the abandonment, I would assume that the culprit wasn't identified. Neither do the players have the right to abandon the game; Only the referee as sole arbiter have that authority. If our mantra is 'Stamp it Out' then stamp it out it must be. So I'm with the referee on this one !     

well I am just going by what germanbird said so based on what she has said I don't think that scenario is fair on people

https://www.goal.com/en-in/news/duisburg-vs-osnabruck-germany-abandoned-racist-abuse/bltc7910e98adec09c2

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/dec/19/germany-duisburg-osnabruck-abandoned-due-to-racist-abuse

Sorry for not posting a link in the first place. 

I read a few German articles as well and listened to the press conference. Looks really that it was just one culprit.

Both teams and the referee agreed to abandon the game. 

Weird world we are living in.