World Darts

BIG D

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He's got 1 pace, when off that rhythm makes mistakes. Wright can take a step back 

Exactly that. When Smith is on it he makes it look effortless. Wright when he's struggling just has a minute, resettles and starts again. Experience maybe? 

2 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

Exactly that. When Smith is on it he makes it look effortless. Wright when he's struggling just has a minute, resettles and starts again. Experience maybe? 

Must be,

What a match!

Gotta feel for Smith-Nearly in tears 

Wright looks exhausted-Not sunk in for him

• Like 1

I’m a bit gutted for Smith to be honest he’s a nice laddie and a top top player. His scoring is effortless at times and I hope and I’m sure he will win a big PDC title eventually.

Great for Wright to win though and to shut the Scotland get battered roasters in the crowd up 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I’m a bit gutted for Smith to be honest he’s a nice laddie and a top top player. His scoring is effortless at times and I hope and I’m sure he will win a big PDC title eventually.

Great for Wright to win though and to shut the Scotland get battered roasters in the crowd up 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏆

He does seem a nice bloke dunt he. Entertaining final though that. Didn't mind who won really cos Wright is good for the game, but would've liked to have seen Smith win his 1st title. 

Just now, Sambo89 said:

He does seem a nice bloke dunt he. Entertaining final though that. Didn't mind who won really cos Wright is good for the game, but would've liked to have seen Smith win his 1st title. 

100% mate. Smith has had horrible luck in finals and major tournaments. 5 different majors he has been a runner up in now. As soon as he wins won major title I think he’ll win a few. It’s just getting past that mental block for him I think. He definitely has the game and he absolutely deserves some success. I’m sure it will come

• Like 1

1 minute ago, edinburghowl said:

100% mate. Smith has had horrible luck in finals and major tournaments. 5 different majors he has been a runner up in now. As soon as he wins won major title I think he’ll win a few. It’s just getting past that mental block for him I think. He definitely has the game and he absolutely deserves some success. I’m sure it will come

I thought at 5-4 and 2-0 he was going to run away with it, win his first title in style so to speak, dunno what happened after that. 

Well I do, 8 legs without reply, it was like he had a Wednesday Christmas do or summat in his head. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sambo89 said:

I thought at 5-4 and 2-0 he was going to run away with it, win his first title in style so to speak, dunno what happened after that. 

Well I do, 8 legs without reply, it was like he had a Wednesday Christmas do or summat in his head. 

Aye he looked nailed on but he had a wobble and Peter Wright just stepped it up a notch.

I just hope all these close calls don’t affect Smith psychologically. It must play on his mind! 

11 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

Rumour has it the world number 1 and 3 are combining forces to try and usurp Wright next year

received_973283243613332.jpeg

Funny how he doesn't look out of place. Could also be a Matt Lucas character on little Britain though.