World Darts

BIG D

4 minutes ago, Night King said:

Yeah went a bit beyond ‘banter’ 

Price chooses to play the pantomime villain. Absolute clown who takes gamesmanship to the next level. There’s not another player on the tour who celebrates a 140 with a full on roar.

Nicknames himself the Iceman but is a hot headed idiot.

• Like 3

It's the first time I've watched darts in around a year but loved this guy. It was nice to see Glen Durrant lose by 3-0 as well. Always nice to listen to John Part commentating too, I don't like the others really. The crowd gets on my nerves also, especially at this event.

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

47 minutes ago, Night King said:

What a start from Rydz! 

Wright upped his game now. Very close to a 9 darter. 

Is it me or has the crowd been particularly raucous this year? Commentators just called them out again for their conduct.

Rydz is throwing some great darts but his quickfire style could cost him I think. A few times he'd have been better off taking a sec to compose himself rather than taking a throw at the double straightaway and missing. 

Also, it's annoying me when I'm still trying to work out what he needs and he's already taken his next throw lol

Even though it is arguable that Gerwyn Price brings some of the stick on himself with some of his comments, it is true that the fans have been a disgrace this tournament. I felt a bit for him yesterday.

The crowd has been abusive beyond an acceptable banter level this tournament and it has been a hotbed of English Nationalism throughout.

However very pleasing that yesterday’s edition of the soundtrack to the tournament “Scotland get battered everywhere they go” ended as it did 🖕

Gary Anderson 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 5-2 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Luke Humphries

Peter Wright 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 5-4 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Callan Rydz

58 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Even though it is arguable that Gerwyn Price brings some of the stick on himself with some of his comments, it is true that the fans have been a disgrace this tournament. I felt a bit for him yesterday.

The crowd has been abusive beyond an acceptable banter level this tournament and it has been a hotbed of English Nationalism throughout.

However very pleasing that yesterday’s edition of the soundtrack to the tournament “Scotland get battered everywhere they go” ended as it did 🖕

Yeah seems it’s been taken over by the get pissed out of there heads and abuse everyone in sight dregs that follow there football teams away all over the country. The booing is sort of accepted by the shouting out on doubles is disgusting. It’s partly a problem of the PDC’s making because they sort of market it and have turned a blind eye for years to help create a party atmosphere. 

So back to the oche. 

Brilliant to see with all the exciting young talent coming through we still have Anderson v Wright in one of the semi finals. 

Think Smith will score to heavy and beat Wade comfortably. Wright to beat Anderson by a couple of sets too. 

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

The English nationalism element has gone up a notch this year. Embarrassing. Its darts ffs.

Did feel a bit for Price too. Agree its gone too far.

I used to think I'd like to go to the darts for the atmosphere, when I thought it was entirely silly, but harmless, but now can't think of much worse. 

Bit rich for Sky to be taking the moral highground though, they and Matchroom have absolutely encouraged this type of behaviour. 

• Like 1