Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Beevers. How far we’ve fallen eh. 

No disrespect on Beevers, good lad and had a solid career but going back for players you let go 10 years ago is just a bit sad. 

i understand concept but if he hadn’t played for us would you be reasonably happy with it ? 

what’s wrong with an ex player re signing ? If he does a job and helps to get us in the top 6 I’m happy with it , would surely only be a loan anyway until end of season 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

i understand concept but if he hadn’t played for us would you be reasonably happy with it ? 

what’s wrong with an ex player re signing ? If he does a job and helps to get us in the top 6 I’m happy with it , would surely only be a loan anyway until end of season 

From what I remember of watching Beevers play, I don’t think he’s the type of defender for a 3 at the back with defenders playing out of defence. Under Moore I think he’d really struggle.

Might be wrong though, not see him play in a while. 

• Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

From what I remember of watching Beevers play, I don’t think he’s the type of defender for a 3 at the back with defenders playing out of defence. Under Moore I think he’d really struggle.

Spot on. He’s not someone you want in the LCB spot. I always feel that role in a back 3 needs to be a sort of CB that could also play LB as they need to have the ability to defend in wide areas other than just their box. 

He’s also not the sort of CB I would suggest is suited to playing out from the back. Just seems a little like we will take anyone that we can get. 

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

yeah fair point , he was never particularly quick . I’m wondering if Moore is going to change back to a 4-3-3 from Plymouth onwards with a few back and maybe an addition or 2 . Let’s hope so , 

• Like 1

Multiple EFL clubs including Sheffield Wednesday and Portsmouth are lining up moves for Philadelphia Union defender Stuart Findlay this month, Football Insider understands.

Blackpool, Preston, Plymouth, Barnsley, Oxford United, Hibernian and Hearts are also keen on the Scotland centre-back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

yeah fair point , he was never particularly quick . I’m wondering if Moore is going to change back to a 4-3-3 from Plymouth onwards with a few back and maybe an addition or 2 . Let’s hope so , 

I hope so mate. Feel like we need to go back to basics after these past two performances. Put players in their natural position where they feel confident. 

Ironically I thought Marvin Johnson was doing ok at LCB but the past two games he’s been awful and needs taking out the firing line. As does Palmer.

If Chansiri and Moore genuinely believe we can get promoted this year, he needs to sign two centre backs and a holding midfield player to come in when Luongo is out - which is pretty much most of the time. 

20 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Multiple EFL clubs including Sheffield Wednesday and Portsmouth are lining up moves for Philadelphia Union defender Stuart Findlay this month, Football Insider understands.

Blackpool, Preston, Plymouth, Barnsley, Oxford United, Hibernian and Hearts are also keen on the Scotland centre-back.

We're  fooked 😆 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I hope so mate. Feel like we need to go back to basics after these past two performances. Put players in their natural position where they feel confident. 

Ironically I thought Marvin Johnson was doing ok at LCB but the past two games he’s been awful and needs taking out the firing line. As does Palmer.

If Chansiri and Moore genuinely believe we can get promoted this year, he needs to sign two centre backs and a holding midfield player to come in when Luongo is out - which is pretty much most of the time. 

Agree pal , think a back four will work a lot better , this window id send wing back and Gibson , sign 2 cbs , a left back and a midfielder. A striker would be nice too but don’t see us getting one . 

Johnson was doing ok but was he really tested too much ? Feel any side who presses us and puts us under it we crumble and that’s when you need proper cbs to defend . Johnson did ok but certainly now as you say it’s time to get back to basics . Play cbs at cb etc . 

• Like 1

Would much prefer that type of signing than a Beevers type. Only concern is he would need to be thrown right in the deep end, as we’ve seen with Corbeanu, Moore takes him in and out the team irrelevant of performance. 

Was Beevers even a regular starter when he was here?

Seem to think he was just a back up player but can't remember who was first choice. Perhaps he came in after someone left. 

Somebody on here will know.