Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

On 21/12/2021 at 00:29, Groundhopping Owl said:

Blimey, is it that time of year again?

Before any genuine (or nonsense) rumours come out, allow me to throw a name into the mix as a suggestion - Terrence Boyd. Big bulldozer American striker playing at Halle in the German third tier. Strong as an ox, wins loads in the air and also scored this goal: 

https://youtu.be/2xjzVKOYuzw?t=111

Pleased to see Guru's memory kept alive in the thread title btw. Transfer windows aren't quite the same without him.

The goal of Terrence Boyd looks really good. I just checked him on transfermarket.com. Looks like he's not free yet

https://www.transfermarkt.com/terrence-boyd/profil/spieler/103064

On 23/12/2021 at 04:54, Jim said:

Expecting it to be a really quiet window TBH. The current restrictions we’re under makes trading difficult particularly at this time of the season and I think to a certain extent apart from shuffle the loan pack a little, we should go with what we’ve got.

I could see Bannan and Windass attracting attention and I wouldn’t be surprised if a championship club asked the question over Palmer but I think for this season what we have we hold but this will be very different in the summer should we not get promoted.

Yeah I suspect you’re right we will just look to re use the loan spaces. At least the Gibson one to get a cb in. 

With uncertainty around the rest of the season and whether fans can come in I suspect the market will be very slow.

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt said:

Only self inflicted if that is true 

We are not under any EFL embargo 

On 10/12/2021 at 12:05, YesWeCrann said:

It's not an embargo, it's a restriction. So that's why it's not on the list of embargoes.

I think it was part of the agreement that was made with regards to the suspended points deduction over unpaid wages etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Only self inflicted if that is true 

We are not under any EFL embargo 

We are not, but the EFL, that association we have to follow the ruled of or we get a points deduction, fine or even kicked out the league.

Say we can only sign free agents and loans this season, until our chairman can remember to pay the players on time for a full season.

It is just a shame that did not also extend to the fans, as it's criminal that they still have not been refunded. I bet if we got hit with an embargo until fans were repaid, the fans would be repaid within a week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 26/12/2021 at 15:54, room0035 said:

We are not, but the EFL, that association we have to follow the ruled of or we get a points deduction, fine or even kicked out the league.

Say we can only sign free agents and loans this season, until our chairman can remember to pay the players on time for a full season.

It is just a shame that did not also extend to the fans, as it's criminal that they still have not been refunded. I bet if we got hit with an embargo until fans were repaid, the fans would be repaid within a week.

That’s just utter booolax 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Thought one of reasons we can’t sign anyone for a fee is because of non payment of wages? Sure it’s been said that mr c has to go through this season with wages being paid when they should with no hiccups ? Shoot me down if I’m wrong 😑