Gurujuan January 2022 Transfer Window MEGATHREAD

Just now, swfcGibbo said:

He was first choice at the start of the season and played every game, signing a new contract in September.

All down to opinions ultimately. Lowe doesn't seem to rate him.

We need bodies in defence so happy to see him join, but just wonder if there’s an expectation from Preston for him to start games. When everyone is fit he faces just as much competition at Wednesday than he did at Preston in my opinion.

Although when is everyone fit at Wednesday!

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We need bodies in defence so happy to see him join, but just wonder if there’s an expectation from Preston for him to start games. When everyone is fit he faces just as much competition at Wednesday than he did at Preston in my opinion.

Dunks took a LONG time to get going after his injury. Iorfa may be the same. Hutch could quite easily be injured again. I imagine it's more of a case Preston want to put him in the shop window. If he does well they can get a fee for him. He's still young so has resale value.

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t believe any manager would ‘set in stone’ that a loanee starts. DM has publically said he wouldn’t agree to that. What isn’t clear is the real injury situation with Iorfa and Dunks. Maybe he knows more than he is letting on?

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Why tTulloch he is worse than what we already have.

We have Windass, Gregory, Kamberi, Sow all for up front then have NML, Shodipo and if really desperate Paterson we don't need another ex Doncaster loanee, he has made just 2 league appearance, no goals and while on loan at Donny last season picked up an injury that finished his loan.

If Darren Moore is that desperate to sign a West Brom player then bring in Kean Bryan,  25 yr old Left footed centre back current not getting much game time at WBA he has played over 50 games in league one and also a dozen times in the premier league for our smelly neighbours from S2.

for me the sort of defensive players we should be looking at.

I agree in regards to Tulloch. It’s a position we don’t really need. We have plenty of attacking options that can’t get anywhere near at the moment. Surely he would be better going to Fleetwood and playing every week rather than get the Corbeanu treatment here. 

Also think your spot on with the defence. For me we still need desperately a LCB & LB/LWB.

3 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I agree in regards to Tulloch. It’s a position we don’t really need. We have plenty of attacking options that can’t get anywhere near at the moment. Surely he would be better going to Fleetwood and playing every week rather than get the Corbeanu treatment here. 

Also think your spot on with the defence. For me we still need desperately a LCB & LB/LWB.

I don’t know much about Tulloch, but maybe he’s a better option than the likes of Berahino and Sow? Granted Sow looked decent for me on Saturday. If he is a quality player and improves us, I can understand the logic. 

Also I wonder if Paterson is on his way out? Rumours on here that we couldn’t negotiate a new deal. Maybe looking to offload this window instead of losing him for nowt. Although that wouldn’t be a very Sheffield Wednesday thing to do.

Centre backs are vital for us at the moment, means that Palmer provides back up to Hunt at right wing back and the same on the left, releasing Johnson to back up Mendez Laing. Gives us more options in the back 3 and enables Palmer and Johnson to be alternatives at wing back. Storey, Hutchinson + 1 would be my back 3 Saturday, got a few days to get him going now

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Knowing Moore he’s dreaming up some crazy plan of playing Iorfa at Wing Back or something 

I think signing 2 centre half’s is pointless

Not that crazy. Iorfa was a full back when he first joined and his main strengths are pace and power. He's average at best in the air. 

• Like 1

Just now, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Not that crazy. Iorfa was a full back when he first joined and his main strengths are pace and power. He's average at best in the air. 

He’s an absolute bomb scare at fullback and also made it well known he doesn’t like or want to play there. 

Being linked with Armand Gnanduillet by this article:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/three-clubs-chase-hearts-striker-armand-gnanduillet-as-one-makes-a-move-3533228

Have to say I don’t rate him at all, it’s telling that the other clubs being linked with him are Wrexham and Salford, clubs with far more money than sense.

6 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/three-clubs-chase-hearts-striker-armand-gnanduillet-as-one-makes-a-move-3533228

Have to say I don’t rate him at all, it’s telling that the other clubs being linked with him are Wrexham and Salford, clubs with far more money than sense.

fully agree with you. We need someone with pace upfront imo. We have already got Gregory and Pat as bartering rams. 

Celtic are closing in on sealing a deal for Matt O’Riley from Milton Keynes Dons, according to The Athletic.

Hoops boss Ange Postecoglou has already bolstered his squad in this window but is keen on further additions, with midfield a priority.

Postecoglou zeroed in on Dons star O’Riley and Celtic have been working on getting a deal over the line for him.

And the Hoops are now close to striking a deal with the League One side for the 21-year-old, which will see them pay £1.5m.

O’Riley is expected to complete a move north of the border in the coming days and link up with Postecoglou at Celtic Park

I was just wondering if we might be looking at Tulloch with a view to a permanent move next season. If we got him on loan for the rest of this season we could have a close look at him and his injury situation to see if he has what we need going forward. If not, he goes back.

No idea what his contract situation with WBA is like or if there'd be a fee involved.

36 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

He’s an absolute bomb scare at fullback and also made it well known he doesn’t like or want to play there. 

Personally think bomb scare is overstating it just as some overstate his ability  at CB given his average aerial  ability. Still a good player when fit and on it though.

38 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Not for me. I don’t think us Salford & Wrexham should ever be chasing the same players

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t know much about Tulloch, but maybe he’s a better option than the likes of Berahino and Sow? Granted Sow looked decent for me on Saturday. If he is a quality player and improves us, I can understand the logic. 

Also I wonder if Paterson is on his way out? Rumours on here that we couldn’t negotiate a new deal. Maybe looking to offload this window instead of losing him for nowt. Although that wouldn’t be a very Sheffield Wednesday thing to do.

Maybe, although I’m sceptical as it’s another loan. Plus according to TransferMarkt his positions are either as a 10 or a winger and we play with neither of those positions.

Just unsure if we need another player like that. Especially when it’s just another loan. 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Knowing Moore he’s dreaming up some crazy plan of playing Iorfa at Wing Back or something 

I think signing 2 centre half’s is pointless

I’m certain that Steve Bruce didn’t play Iorfa as a centre back a#uto 

• Like 1