Spider-Man: No Way Home

Wath-owl

I went to see this tonight and thought it was fantastic! 

Definitely one of the best superhero films I’ve seen in a while. Loads of heart. The supporting actors were all brilliant. The action set pieces were obviously amazing. 

They did a good job of giving all of the villains a chance to shine, and there is some great banter between them all.

I really like how the series is poised now after the ending. So many different ways they could go. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wing Back said:

Great film really enjoyed seeing Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina reprising their respective roles.

Dafoe was the standout for me. 

I think sometimes the villains in Marvel films lack a bit of weight and menace to them. 

Certainly not the case with the Goblin though. Great performance. 

• Like 1

The more I think about the film, the more I like it. 

It was fanservice, but good fanservice. 

It also sets Spiderman on a more interesting path for me. Think we are finally done with him being Iron Man Jnr. 

It was also nice to see one particular actor get a bit of redemption.

Won't say who for spoiler purposes, but I thought said actor was another of the highlights.

I enjoyed it.

Left me a touch luke warm.

Green Goblin and Doc Oc aside, was there any need whatsoever for the other villains? Added nothing.

Might just be me turning into a miserable old man.

I usually pop more than anyone for a good nostalgia fest, but it all felt a bit forced.

On 18/12/2021 at 17:27, SiJ said:

It also sets Spiderman on a more interesting path for me. Think we are finally done with him being Iron Man Jnr. 

More crucially I think it felt like an out of the MCU for Sony. If they want to carry on making Spider-Man films without needing to work around or fit in with the MCU, I think this ending lets them.

3 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

More crucially I think it felt like an out of the MCU for Sony. If they want to carry on making Spider-Man films without needing to work around or fit in with the MCU, I think this ending lets them.

Yeah, I think that's a positive tbh. 

I enjoyed seeing Spiderman within the MCU, but the whole Iron Man Jnr thing did kinda grate after a while. 

Spiderman having all that tech and what not just seemed a bit untrue to the character, or certainly the versions I prefer. 

Now, he's a kid living by himself, his suit is homemade and, well, I won't ruin the rest. 

Also - No Way Home was the first film of this trilogy with real consequence. Thought it added some much needed depth to the Tom Holland version. Ultimately, Spiderman is a bit of a tragic figure and an underdog. Good to get back to that imo. 

I really want to start watching the Marvel films in the new year but I am so confused with what order to watch them in. Seen quite a few different lists on line. Could anyone tell me the order they are meant to be watched in. I am a complete novice so have no experience with the history of characters etc. 

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really want to start watching the Marvel films in the new year but I am so confused with what order to watch them in. Seen quite a few different lists on line. Could anyone tell me the order they are meant to be watched in. I am a complete novice so have no experience with the history of characters etc. 

They all reboot from scratch every two weeks anyway

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/marvel-movies-in-order/

• Thanks 1

On 30/12/2021 at 20:06, WalthamOwl said:

go by their release order 

1 hour ago, Elvin Parsnip said:

Why didn’t Strange do a spell to just make everyone forget what Mysterio said or even to just totally forget mysterio ? I know that would make for a short film but they could have done that at the end instead of making everyone forget Peter Parker altogether.

that would have been a great film lol