An interesting read regarding players wages and some outrageous facts.

The players have far too much sway is my take from it. When you see the numbers it's still staggering even though its been going on since Bosman. 

I know they have the same rights as any other employees but surely we can come up with in house agreements to stop this decadence, throughout Europe and the UK. 

It's obscene. 

• Like 3

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Not really

The PFA could easily have a team negotiating wages for players and eradicate agents from the game

So you want to create a monopoly re players agents?

The PFA have that team now and yet many players decide not to use them. Why do you think that is?

• Like 1

Just now, Ian said:

So you want to create a monopoly re players agents?

The PFA have that team now and yet many players decide not to use them. Why do you think that is?

Because they can get even MORE money by using their own agent

My thoughts above were an overall total reduction in player wages right across the board and a reduction in ticket prices to match it

In for a fiver, players paid a reasonable amount

The current player wage is massively (hugely) inflated and doesn't need to be

In for a fiver, and player wages down to reasonable levels and the product/game is exactly the same but without ordinary working men handing over their wages to millionaires and millionaire agents and advisors 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Ian said:

I’m completely reading the room….doesn’t mean I have to agree with it does it.

in fact I’m sure you are delighted I’m not!

Makes no odds to me at all mate
But of all the things to try and justify, player wages, massive agents getting rich etc  isn't one I'd expect anyone to seriously try to justify

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

IMO Players wages have got to ridiculous levels because of the multi billionaires who have got involved in the game for sport washing or ego boosting reasons.

A lot of clubs now seem to be more like franchise sides you get in American sport than the clubs they used to be a few generations ago.

The people who ran football clubs before were local business people who were well off but a world away from the Glazers and Roman Abramovich, these people were far from perfect but did have a local connection and were normally supporters of the club from childhood.

• Like 2