Windass

Just now, The Dukeries Owl said:

Can we pay a fee for replacements, I thought we were still stuck to loans and freebies. Yes we might get the cash but we'd have to replace him with players like Berahino and miss out on any chance of promotion.

We are more or less on the top 6 and he’s hardly played. I think he’s a good player at this level, but we can’t turn decent money down for anyone. I’d sell Ozzie Owl for £50k. Our loan signings will be crucial in January. Unearth a Marshall, Kenwyne Jones type and we will fly. We are 2 or 3 clever loan signings away from promotion in my opinion. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Can we pay a fee for replacements, I thought we were still stuck to loans and freebies. Yes we might get the cash but we'd have to replace him with players like Berahino and miss out on any chance of promotion.

Maybe we could sell him and insist they take Berahino as part of the deal. Buy one get one free.lol

2 hours ago, vulva said:

We are more or less on the top 6 and he’s hardly played. I think he’s a good player at this level, but we can’t turn decent money down for anyone. I’d sell Ozzie Owl for £50k. Our loan signings will be crucial in January. Unearth a Marshall, Kenwyne Jones type and we will fly. We are 2 or 3 clever loan signings away from promotion in my opinion. 

Good luck without Ozzie, you heartless bastad!

• Haha 2

I think everything hinges on whether or not we get out of this league at the first time of asking.

I assume the likes of Windass, Bannan, Dunkley, Iorfa, et al have been prepared to give it a go for a season.

If we don't escape quickly I think the upcoming departures will see us spending a long time in the bowels of the league.

Yeah if we received a handsome fee for Windass I would be inclined to accept it.  But I’m talking proper handsome, like Harrison Ford. Not Robbie Williams handsome, the type of guy you’ll find working in any sales team who thinks he’s the dogs b*llocks and flirts and sleeps around thinking that’s what life is about without ever finding true happiness and wondering why.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, musingowl said:

Ultimately, he'll decide.

Chansiri won't sell the silver, unless Windass spits the dummy out and forces the move.

Forestieri tried spitting the dummy out and Chansiri still didn’t sell him.

I get the impression that Windass is a little more principled than him and wouldn’t  spit the dummy out in the way Forestieri did anyway but Chansiri will only sell if he wants to.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

If it's Middlesbrough, £10 Million, not a penny less, or Gibson can do one.

Don’t see Middlesbrough paying big bucks. Gibson is well aware of Wilder’s dreadful record in the transfer market. (£23.5 million  for Brewster ). Can’t see him being let loose with the cheque book.

A high asking price will soon scare Borough away.

17 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

If we're still paying for Reach & Rhodes, it'll be to offset any outstanding payments. 

Fee could be meaningless.

I doubt that considering their fees will have been amortised over their contracts which were both allowed to run down. I don't see how we'd owe Middlesbrough anything. 

On 14/12/2021 at 22:23, Southie_Owl said:

Yeah if we received a handsome fee for Windass I would be inclined to accept it.  But I’m talking proper handsome, like Harrison Ford. Not Robbie Williams handsome, the type of guy you’ll find working in any sales team who thinks he’s the dogs b*llocks and flirts and sleeps around thinking that’s what life is about without ever finding true happiness and wondering why.  

lol