Windass

No chance, Moore likes him, Windass likes the club and is good friends with the likes of Bannan. 

Championship clubs can show as much interest as they want, but suspect none have the means to put in an offer Chansiri would even consider and doubt enquiries would be welcomed.

One of the few players who are championship ready, should we be promoted.

7 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

What's this obsession with Premiere league player's, to play in the 3rd tier of football?.

The hope is that a loan from a Premier League club will result in a higher standard of player who can come in and do a good job and help to get us promoted. Corbeanu and Peacock-Farrell being pretty good example this season; Gibson not so much. If there are players who will improve us that we can get in for free or on loan from elsewhere then I'm all for it too.

38 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What is promotion worth to the club?

Because that's the difference a fit and firing Windass could make to our season.

Money talks, but I'd really hate to lose him.

At least £7 in TV money alone and if the PL are forced to distribute parachute payments around all of the Championship clubs a lot more.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helmut_rooster said:

But 10 million might put them over FFP rules? 

Now that would be funny.

55 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Then Gibson can sell his stadium to himself. What goes around comes around

If they are successful with their compo claim from Derby they can just hand that to us and sell the stadium too 😀

Wouldn’t entertain anything less than 5 million 

but chansiri probably wouldn’t entertain anything under 10million 

either way if he goes ( don’t think he will ) he won’t be cheap 

Freddy ladapo at Rotherham and smith will ge picked up before windass and then windass will score the goals needed to leap frog them 

1 hour ago, TheGreatNebber said:

The article was in Football league World and went so far as to discuss how the team would line up if he signed. Pure clickbait more than likely (and to be fair it worked as I clicked it).

Just bought a house in Sheff so would be very surprised.

For me it's simple. Every player has a price that makes selling in the best interests of the club. We have to learn from past mistakes. That said suitors had best have deep pockets. I'd like to see us bring in a more imposing physical presence up front too and thats only likely to be possible by raising funds from a sale.

There is a football food chain and Boro are above us at the minute. £3m plus as a minimum, but don’t be surprised if all these new contracts have release fee clauses in them. 

With the cash we then raid clubs below us in the food chain for their best players. 

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

There is a football food chain and Boro are above us at the minute. £3m plus as a minimum, but don’t be surprised if all these new contracts have release fee clauses in them. 

With the cash we then raid clubs below us in the food chain for their best players. 

Can we pay a fee for replacements, I thought we were still stuck to loans and freebies. Yes we might get the cash but we'd have to replace him with players like Berahino and miss out on any chance of promotion.