Club Statement Just now on swfc.co.uk

1 minute ago, Pete Zarhutt said:

Couldn't get a tciket...went to Portsmouth instead as had a work related excuse to be down there anyway.

The Sunderland standing thing is odd, but persistent standing is far less of a problem than pitch invasions. Can't ever recall being asked to sit down at away matches, but have seen others get singled out.
As for 'joyous moods', that is irrelevant. It only takes one arse to overstep the mark. It didn't happen yesterday thankfully, but in future who knows?

Merry Xmas to you 🙂

Happy Christmas to you n all..try and enjoy the festive joyous season 👍

It's against the law, so anyone involved is likely to be punished. The club has to be seen to be doing the right thing and preventing this happening again, or there will be repercussions on the club, including possibly a ban on away followings etc, which nobody wants. Whether you agree with it or not is not the issue, if you don't like the law, start something to try and get it changed, but it seems fairly sensible in general.

Also turn it around. If for example Sunderland, Rotherham, Ipswich, anybody scored at Hillsborough and their fans came on the pitch would we be very happy about?

• Like 1

Is persistent standing staying on your feet from before kick off until half-time or standing up every time we attack?

Or is that standing up, persistently? Which isn't allowed? One long standing up isn't persistent, it's just once. Many standings ups could be deemed persistent.

:tango:  Somebody with a weak bladder or piles is getting thrown out.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Deanamo Wednesday said:

It's against the law, so anyone involved is likely to be punished. The club has to be seen to be doing the right thing and preventing this happening again, or there will be repercussions on the club, including possibly a ban on away followings etc, which nobody wants. Whether you agree with it or not is not the issue, if you don't like the law, start something to try and get it changed, but it seems fairly sensible in general.

Also turn it around. If for example Sunderland, Rotherham, Ipswich, anybody scored at Hillsborough and their fans came on the pitch would we be very happy about?

We put them on the upper stand to avoid that happening 

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

So to be clear, IF we receive sanctions. You’ll happily defend the pitch invaders. Good to know. 

That’s not what I said.

I just said the people moaning about it were kill joys and snowflakes.

I believe I may have also referred to them as miserable old so and so’s.

I also said that IF Wednesday received sanctions (which we won’t), my opinion of these moaners would be exactly the same.

Now lighten up yet miserable old so and so.lol

• Like 3

6 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

I have everyday I only go under a 100 when I see a speed camera.

True story that. 

Many years ago I once overtook a police car on a motorway when driving at over 100 mph, having failed to notice the huge POLICE sign on their car roof. But would not have ever dreamt of running on the pitch, even when I could run. 

• Like 1

Sensible decision by the club to make this statement. Any fans making future incursions on to the pitch will have no excuse nor much sympathy if they receive lengthy bans or face prosecution. Just imagine what might have happened had Crewe fans also decided to pile onto the pitch to confront the Wednesday fans.

11 hours ago, The coach said:

Well Sunderland apparently reduced our allocation last time we wer there cus of persistent standing...so are you saying we should stop standing at away games?? Your post comes across as a sad tbh...did you go yday? Wednesday fans wer in a joyous mood all day..nobody was ever goin to run on and chin a Crewe player..ever

Can you not see the difference in standing at away games and fans invading the pitch?  Being joyous, boisterous lads or lasses makes no difference.  If I  was an opposition player, I'd want to chin them and if I was an opposition fan, I'd want to have a go.  Would that be OK?   I find it sad that there's some who want to sanction what is basic wind up behaviour.   Did you go to home / away days in the 70s?