40% of all SWFC goals scored this season

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

1637111792_Screenshot2021-12-12at12_46_57.png.502a16cfefb75fc4d4f5ac38049a5633.png

A direct goal involvement every 128 minutes, and yet we still have some on here who don't seem to rate him.

I'm reconsidering my view of him, my criticism of him that things brokedown around him and didn't hold the ball up well enough to bring in other players.

But considering the number of goals he's scored that can be overlooked to some degree, as I do think his overall work rate has improved as well recently.

Palmer, Pattison and to some point Jack Hunt have made me reevaluate their contribution recently, being very impressed with all of them, put some real effort in and adding to the teams performance overall.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
3 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

If only he was 5 years younger and 5 yards quicker and more clinical in front of goal he'd be in high teens already with all the chances we create.Nice header tho.....

UTO

He’s only 33.. I’m not sure he’s lost any pace or physicality tbh. My mate used to play with him at Staveley Miners Welfare about 10 years ago and he doesn’t look much different to me.

There are lots of athletes in other sports still in their best condition in their 30s. It seems to me that the main issue is the amount of mileage.. if you play sports at the top level year after year then it takes its toll on your body. That’s the main reason footballers are done at 35 rather than because of their age directly.

Someone like Gregory came in to the pro game late so could see him playing longer. Stuart Pearce, Ian Wright and Jamie Vardy are other examples 

Age is relative,  not everybody ages in the same way @London Owlmakes to my mind, a  valid point.  Gregory might be 33, but he's low-mileage, and is in fact a goal threat,  don't give him a chance.  Probably other Clubs take notice of him, when he's in the lineup.

I wasn’t overwhelmed with his record over recent seasons but I was totally wrong. 

OK he has the odd ineffective game but you get that from strikers. Over the season he’s been an outstanding success. Since we dropped playing him on his own up front he’s been superb.

Works well with Kamberi or Windass.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

1637111792_Screenshot2021-12-12at12_46_57.png.502a16cfefb75fc4d4f5ac38049a5633.png

A direct goal involvement every 128 minutes, and yet we still have some on here who don't seem to rate him.

not sure what’s not to like mate…works hard, scores and also laid on 4 assists. Cannot fault that at this stage of the season!! He’s got a real chance of getting in and around the 20 mark. 

• Like 1