Bannan is feeling confident

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

“We are moving along alright, we are moving along unnoticed which is good. We want to be number one, we’ve said it all season and I’m still confident, I’ll put my cards on the table, I think we can get promoted.”

Psssst Barry... try and keep those wonder goals under the radar or every bl ee ders gonna notice us...

I posted this in another thread. It puts the task in perspective.

If Rotherham and Wigan keep on picking up points at the rate they have done so far they will get 96-97 points at the end of the season, that means we need 97 minimum depending on goal difference.

60 points in 24 games means we can only drop 12 points  between now and the end of the season. That is a big ask. We've got to hope one of them has a big slump at some stage. Maybe they will have an injury crisis or lose an important player when the transfer window opens.

Realistically it's the play offs we are aiming for. That is a lottery but if we get our act together we have as good a chance as any team.

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

e top I posted this in another thread. It puts the task in perspective.

If Rotherham and Wigan keep on picking up points at the rate they have done so far they will get 96-97 points at the end of the season, that means we need 97 minimum depending on goal difference.

60 points in 24 games means we can only drop 12 points  between now and the end of the season. That is a big ask. We've got to hope one of them has a big slump at some stage. Maybe they will have an injury crisis or lose an important player when the transfer window opens.

Realistically it's the play offs we are aiming for. That is a lottery but if we get our act together we have as good a chance as any team.

Played and won against all the top three. Played ten at home and 12 away. . Players coming back from injury if we can win our next two at home without any more injuries, and then get Luongo back and Dunks , and add a coupe of defenders in Jan, think we will have a better second half of the season than the first. Havent ruled out automatics since we seemed to find so resolve.     

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, prowl said:

If you'd calculated this last month, a grand total of five matches ago, then Plymouth would have been right up there, on track to finish the season on 97 points.

As things stand, they're now level on points with us.

The season will most probably ebb and flow for most teams, with good runs followed by sticky patches.

Hopefully we've got our main sticky patch out of the way now, and are well positioned to take advantage of any slip ups from those currently above us.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If you'd calculated this last month, a grand total of five matches ago, then Plymouth would have been right up there, on track to finish the season on 97 points.

As things stand, they're now level on points with us.

The season will most probably ebb and flow for most teams, with good runs followed by sticky patches.

Hopefully we've got our main sticky patch out of the way now, and are well positioned to take advantage of any slip ups from those currently above us.

There are 5 or 6 teams better placed than us to take advantage of any slip ups. All of them might have a slump but so might we.  I hope we get automatic promotion but we've left ourselves a lot to do, the draws have really damaged our prospects. We can't afford to take our foot off the gas.

Would you rather be where we are or where Rotherham and Wigan are?

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, prowl said:

There are 5 or 6 teams better placed than us to take advantage of any slip ups. All of them might have a slump but so might we.  I hope we get automatic promotion but we've left ourselves a lot to do, the draws have really damaged our prospects. We can't afford to take our foot off the gas.

Would you rather be where we are or where Rotherham and Wigan are?

Obviously you'd rather have more points. That's not a genuine question, is it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Plus Sunderland on track for 92 points and Wycombe 88. I think it will be a high points total for the top 2 this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

We have the squad to walk this

But gave we got the mentality 

Not got the mentality or the manager to achieve it I'm afraid. 

We are apparently in a fantastic run of form, yet we're not even in the top 6 - bad sign. 

We can't afford any major slip ups or back to back defeats hereon-in 

• Like 1

We've played everyone once now i think and there's not been one team that I thought were better than us.

The only team that consistently gets the better of us is.. us.

We've been our own worst enemy at times for various reasons. 
Looks like we've put that to bed for the most part now and just need to see the team really start to believe in themselves and go on a storming run up the table.

21 hours ago, prowl said:

I'm led to believe that Rotherham fully expect to lose Smith in the JTW, he is out of contract in the summer and is currently no going to sign another one so any cash offer he will be gone.

38 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

It will have to be a ridiculous run to get top 2 unfortunately - and that’s down to our managers tactics at the start of the season - playing not to lose, and not playing to win. 

All we can do is our best and hope others falter. It's a tall order but we can hope they all draw when they play each other and we beat them when they play us.

I wish we could get a goal machine up front, we miss too many chances. Rotherham are scoring loads, we aren't.

The last time we had a good run at the start of the season a few of our players came out with similar comments about winning the league.

Whilst confidence is good, the only way us fans care about is how we play on the pitch. Talk is cheap and I would prefer that the players didn't keep speaking about winning the league, just puts undue pressure on the team and might give the opposition added incentive to ram those words down our throats.

Let's keep winning games and let the football do the talking. 

Just now, CourteenerOwl said:

The last time we had a good run at the start of the season a few of our players came out with similar comments about winning the league.

Whilst confidence is good, the only way us fans care about is how we play on the pitch. Talk is cheap and I would prefer that the players didn't keep speaking about winning the league, just puts undue pressure on the team and might give the opposition added incentive to ram those words down our throats.

Let's keep winning games and let the football do the talking. 

Can do both

Owlstalk Shop