Barry Bannan will get us promoted

12 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

He’s arguably our best attacking midfielder alongside Windass. We are lucky to have him given his ability, fitness levels and affinity with the club & fans but he simply isn’t so far above this league. He doesn’t top any of the ratings charts or stats which are the only objective measure. He’s ours and we watch him every week. That’s why we overhype him. 

He does pretty well in pretty much any chart you can think of, apart from heading!

First - Most assists in the Championship over the previous 3 seasons (18/19. 19/20 & 20/21). Most assists for any Sheffield Wednesday player to have debuted since 1987. 

Second highest key passes in League One this season (54).

Third highest number of accurate long balls in League One this season, excluding goalkeepers (115).

Fourth highest ratio in League One for defence-splitting passes (0.2 per game)

Fifth highest number of accurate crosses in League One this season (35).

Sixth highest number of successful dribbles in League One this season (27).

Screenshot 2021-12-12 at 20.43.32.png

Screenshot 2021-12-12 at 20.45.25.png

Screenshot 2021-12-12 at 20.54.52.png

Screenshot 2021-12-12 at 20.53.46.png

Screenshot 2021-12-12 at 20.52.19.png

• Like 2

On 11/12/2021 at 22:25, BIG D said:

Well I don’t like him. He shouts at players and we’ll never do owt till we get shut. 

:duntmatter:

Aww he shouts, need a tissue to cry into?

The players aren't as soft as that.

Edited by MickyBlue
Typo

19 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

He needs to be doing this more. Too many games this season he’s not impacted enough. 

correct…100% this. 

I’ve made this comment numerous times. As Captain, I would like to see him grab games by the scruff of the neck and drag us through tough games and there have loads of games this season where he hasn’t.

can’t deny his importance for us but to say “bannan will get us promoted” isn’t correct IMO.  Other players in the squad are just as important in the overall outcome this season. 

if we don’t go up will it mean bannan as kept us down?? 

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Barry Bannan will get us promoted

Football is a team sport.

I am glad that we do not have to rely on a single player to get promoted.
Barry Bannan is a great player and he surely will do his part (or even more), but we also need the other players to succeed
and even without  BB we would get promoted, as the others players would step up and rise to the challenge.

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

Football is a team sport.

I am glad that we do not have to rely on a single player to get promoted.
Barry Bannan is a great player and he surely will do his part (or even more), but we also need the other players to succeed
and even without  BB we would get promoted, as the others players would step up and rise to the challenge.

Considering his reported salary is on a par with some other teams first 11, he ought to be able to do it all on his own.

Great to see him doing better of late, but still doesn’t deliver a return on investment IMO. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Considering his reported salary is on a par with some other teams first 11, he ought to be able to do it all on his own.

Great to see him doing better of late, but still doesn’t deliver a return on investment IMO. 

So if our first team played Messi on his own you'd expect him to win the game as he's paid more than all of them put together?

cdc.jpg

• Love 1

Just now, Gob_Bluth said:

So if our first team played Messi on his own you'd expect him to win the game as he's paid more than all of them put together?

cdc.jpg

No, I'd say that any team that pays more for one player than other teams in the league pay for their starting 11 are either very rich with cash to throw away or hugely stupid and mismanaging finances as one player, no matter how good he is can beat a whole team on his own. 

My comment about how he should be able to do it on his own, considering he costs more than some of the entire opposition was tongue in cheek and maybe misunderstood, as obviously he cannot and therefore it's a waste of wages paying anyone that much.

Personally I think paying Bannan more than a first team of other clubs cost is a massive waste of resources that likely are better spent else where.