Barry Bannan will get us promoted

11 hours ago, Tom22709 said:

Don’t think many people realise just how lucky we are to have a player like Bannan at this level of football. He’s so far above this league it’s ridiculous

He’s arguably our best attacking midfielder alongside Windass. We are lucky to have him given his ability, fitness levels and affinity with the club & fans but he simply isn’t so far above this league. He doesn’t top any of the ratings charts or stats which are the only objective measure. He’s ours and we watch him every week. That’s why we overhype him. 

The more I think about it, I am not sure Bannan can get us promoted without someone else also stepping up in midfield.

His goal yesterday was brilliant, right from the one two with  Dele-Bashiru that let him continue his run.

He needs someone alongside him to step up and take the heat off him.    I had hoped Dele-Bashiru would be that person this season but he's only done it in fits and starts.

Edited by Salmonbones

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Classic

Classic in what respect?? Football is a team game especially at the level we are at!! 

bannan didn’t get us 3 points at Pompey?? 
bannan hasn’t saved 3 penalties this season??

bannan hasn’t scored 9 goals this season?? 

im not disputing his input isn’t vital but to say “bannan will get us promoted” is like saying without him we wouldn’t and I disagree as i think there enough in the squad full stop. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Classic in what respect?? Football is a team game especially at the level we are at!! 

bannan didn’t get us 3 points at Pompey?? 
bannan hasn’t saved 3 penalties this season??

bannan hasn’t scored 9 goals this season?? 

im not disputing his input isn’t vital but to say “bannan will get us promoted” is like saying without him we wouldn’t and I disagree as i think there enough in the squad full stop. 

TRUMPBALL.gif

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, Horatio Hornblower said:

The to remember is that if he scored the goals he would be in the Premier League.
He wouldn’t be with us in League One.

He should certainly be at a side like West Brom at the top end of the Championship though, so I’m incredibly grateful he’s remained loyal to us. 

He stayed with us cos we offered most money..simple.

Same as I and maybe most people would, play for highest payer/best contract.

Loyalty has nothing to do with it IMO

3 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

The more I think about it, I am not sure Bannan can get us promoted without someone else also stepping up in midfield.

His goal yesterday was brilliant, right from the one two with  Dele-Bashiru that let him continue his run.

He needs someone alongside him to step up and take the heat off him.    I had hoped Dele-Bashiru would be that person this season but he's only done it in fits and starts.

Luongo is potentially our most important player, not just for his own qualities, but also for what he brings out in Bannan,

• Like 1