Massimo Luongo OUT for three games after red

14 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

To be honest though I'd rather it be missing becouse of a red card than an injury as his injuries have tended to be a lot longer.

Don't tempt fate! Remember that time Matias got a ridiculous red card just as he was getting some form going? 

We got the card and ban overturned, but then he got injured in training and was out again anyway? 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Yep. As soon as he lunged in you could see it on his face he was expecting a red. The three games he will miss could be a big problem. Crewe, Accrington and Burton. You’d hope we have enough quality to win these games without him but I’m far from confident. 

I thought that Patterson was in for red card getting a yellow so early on and the fact that the ref decided to just ignore their constant theatrics rather than discipline them and put to bed... In terms of Luongo  it was technically a red, but I've seen far worse resulting without a booking... You've also got to consider that he was being sandwiched by two of their players leading up to it and arguably the 3rd man didn't even have the ball when he lunged in after the ball broke loose... Obviously not intentional, but also a straight red as in the air, uncontrolled and dangerous.... In terms of the game I'd have taken a point at the beginning and we got a point in the end so I'm happy with the result...  

21 hours ago, fpowl said:

But harsh 

he was clearly fighting for the ball abs the momentum took him into the challenge 

you expect players to go for the ball especially competitive battling players like luongo 

hindsight is a great thing as inconvenient as it is to say it was ridiculous abs unnecessary is pretty harsh on luongo 

take that out if his game and you’ve got another Lewis wing 

unlucky is more like it I’d fully expect luongo to try and win the ball back under pressure if he was put in that position again 

he was late that’s all 

Well he got there as quick as he could.