Massimo Luongo OUT for three games after red

Yep. As soon as he lunged in you could see it on his face he was expecting a red. The three games he will miss could be a big problem. Crewe, Accrington and Burton. You’d hope we have enough quality to win these games without him but I’m far from confident. 

• Like 1

Hmm did he have a feet up and watch the ashes moment lol

To be honest though I'd rather it be missing becouse of a red card than an injury as his injuries have tended to be a lot longer.out. As he's very rarely managed a run of half a dozen or so games without getting injured on his time here.

Hence, Maybe it'll work in our favour, getting a rest now and getting back in refreshed and less chance of been out for a while. 

Guest hirstysfags
1 hour ago, DeBilde'sTea said:

It's pretty gauling to get him back then lose him over something so daft. 

We were always going to lose him to injury soon anyway. 

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

Ridiculous and unnecessary. 

Players not helping themselves. 

When Moore has to pick a new midfielder next game everyone will act all outraged. 

But harsh 

he was clearly fighting for the ball abs the momentum took him into the challenge 

you expect players to go for the ball especially competitive battling players like luongo 

hindsight is a great thing as inconvenient as it is to say it was ridiculous abs unnecessary is pretty harsh on luongo 

take that out if his game and you’ve got another Lewis wing 

unlucky is more like it I’d fully expect luongo to try and win the ball back under pressure if he was put in that position again 

he was late that’s all 

Just now, fpowl said:

But harsh 

he was clearly fighting for the ball abs the momentum took him into the challenge 

you expect players to go for the ball especially competitive battling players like luongo 

hindsight is a great thing as inconvenient as it is to say it was ridiculous abs unnecessary is pretty harsh on luongo 

take that out if his game and you’ve got another Lewis wing 

unlucky is more like it I’d fully expect luongo to try and win the ball back under pressure if he was put in that position again 

he was late that’s all 

He wasn't just late though mate

He had his foot up halfway up the other players shin

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

He wasn't just late though mate

He had his foot up halfway up the other players shin

it was just above the ankle 

he was on the turn with three players around him and was getting pulled on 

this wasn’t a straight jog to the player and lunge 

I’ll grant you it looked nasty but a bit of context he didn’t have a lot of thinking time to put that challenge in 

I’m sure he’s gutted with it abs you could tell he didn’t mean it

I think it’s  a bit harsh for those throwing him under bus a bit 

hindsight is a great thing but giving all the factors abs how that was playing out I’d Evie to him to go for that ball again 

he was late it was a mistake he got his red we move on 

think we’re all guttered about it if he loses the ball they go and score abs didn’t MAke the challenge sone will be calling for him for bottling it 

he’s our competitive midfielder he goes for them all day just got it wrong 

• Love 1

I certainly don’t think there was any malice intended.

It was mistimed - on another day and with a different ref, he might have got away with a yellow, but I don’t think he’s got any real grounds to feel hard done by.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1