I would have taken a point

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

I agree a battling point tonight is a good result. Against Crewe on Saturday we have to attack them, they are a shocking team and we have to take the game to them and get 3 points. 

Exactly this. Draw away and win at home we'll be on our way.

1 hour ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

When I saw the line up. I do think they were there for the taking when it was 11 vs 11. 

I do think think if we had a fully fit team we would have won that tonight.

Yeah but what if Portsmouth had a fully fit team as well. Don’t forget they had 5 regulars out too,

probably been a draw anyway 

• Like 1

I’d have taken a point before the game too but it wasn’t a performance from a team that looks destined for promotion.

An inspired performance from BPF with Palmer and Patto putting their bodies on the line and some wastefulness from Portsmouth in the final third got us the point.

All the teams above us that played tonight won too (Rotherham, Wycombe, Sunderland and Oxford) so even though it was a decent point we’ve lost more ground on the top sides 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Blatter said:

Yeah but what if Portsmouth had a fully fit team as well. Don’t forget they had 5 regulars out too,

probably been a draw anyway 

Whilst I agree not all their injuries were in the same position.

I think the team did well last night and could have won up until the sending off.

Getting a point away at Pompey isn`t stifling our season........................losing and drawing with the likes of Morecambe , Gillingham , Cheltenham , Cambridge , Wimbledon etc most certainly is.

Crewe, Accrington and Burton next 3 games.....................9 points minimum if we are serious about going up , we are almost halfway through the season and its high time we started putting mid/ lower placed teams away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1