Darren Moore... Good interview

Anyway...I don't think poking a bit of a fun at someone for saying "erm" a lot is the worst thing in the world. Obviously, some people can go a bit overboard and be somewhat malicious with their joking. 

Likewise, I'm not sure we need to be doing congratulatory, pat on the head type threads when you think he's done a "good" post-match interview. 

It's a bit of a querk, nothing more. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The coach said:

..the all erm thing is much ado about nowt...as billy shakey wud say

..and he spoke some reyt bollloxe, most overated playwright in the world. A47owl would have a reyt pop at him if he were a pundit on sky.

Andrew Lloyd Webber is stax better.

Totally justified to criticise a managers interviews if he is coming across as repetitive, uncommunicative, plodding, and occasionally irrational.

He is, after all, the one always giving instructions to the team pre, and during, the match .  Getting your message across in an easy to understand manner is a primary qualification for the job.

It’s also justified to praise him when he doesn’t do all of the above and talks sense.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

you are not allowed an accurate and realistic view on here…if you don’t agree with @Owlstalk Admin Team or @areNOTwhatTHEYseem your opinion isn’t valid and you are patronised til you walk away cos you’re bored to death.

It takes a good man to come out and give credit after he’s given out criticism/negativity. things change in life, sadly some people don’t change with it. 

I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

I haven't patronised anyone in this thread (which, ironically enough, gives Darren Moore a 'well done' for apparently speaking fluently).

As I've already explained, the previous criticism was completely unwarranted, and the current pat on the head is patronising nonsense.

Picking at a person's speech patterns like the OP has been doing for months is unpleasant and unnecessary. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

I haven't patronised anyone in this thread (which, ironically enough, gives Darren Moore a 'well done' for apparently speaking fluently).

As I've already explained, the previous criticism was completely unwarranted, and the current pat on the head is patronising nonsense.

Picking at a person's speech patterns like the OP has been doing for months is unpleasant and unnecessary. 

pointing out the obvious isn’t always bullying as you keep putting it. 

10 years ago we was all adding “as such” to things…it was funny back then, whats changed?? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

pointing out the obvious isn’t always bullying as you keep putting it. 

10 years ago we was all adding “as such” to things…it was funny back then, whats changed?? 

I'd say pointing something out as a perceived flaw, repeatedly, and in a mocking manner is bullying.

I could be wrong, but I also don't recall any posts suggesting Gray was 'thick' or needed therapy because of his quirky turn of phrase.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'd say pointing something out as a perceived flaw, repeatedly, and in a mocking manner is bullying.

I could be wrong, but I also don't recall any posts suggesting Gray was 'thick' or needed therapy because of his quirky turn of phrase.

enjoy your day mate…find a mirror have an argument. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

enjoy your day mate…find a mirror have an argument. 

You literally tagged me into your post in which you accused me of ignoring valid opinions, boring people to death and being patronising.

Did you not expect me to respond?!

:duntmatter:

But yeah, enjoy your day too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Again, there's real undercurrent of unpleasantness which runs through your posts.

I either have 'problems' or am 'on a wind up'?

There's always option C, which is that I find your repeated criticisms and mockery of a man's speech patterns, which are unconscious, completely natural, and really not unusual in the slightest, tantamount to bullying. 

In the past, you've compared him to Gareth Gates (who had a genuine speech impediment which needed intervention), suggested that he attend speech therapy, and repeatedly mocked him by peppering your posts with 'erm' when discussing his interviews...all because he uses filled pauses, which are an entirely natural feature of most people's spontaneous speech.

You can try to dress up this thread as offering praise to balance out your previous criticism, but you're literally saying 'well done' to a grown man for the fluency of his speech.

It's patronising.

And while doing so, you're making that your focus rather than the actual content of his words, which is disrespectful.

But what's really bizarre is that Moore's speech patterns were no different tonight than they've been previously, with a fair amount of filled pauses being used.

Not that it matters one jot.

Can we move on from picking apart a man's speech patterns and focus on the things which actually matter now, please?

Spot on. It has happened so often you have to wonder why!!

• Like 2

To those people saying/implying 'Its only a joke' or 'He should learn to speak more fluently' or 'He should have thicker skin - its part of the job' etc.:

Imagine if your son or daughter came home from school feeling upset that other kids had been taking the mick out of the way they speak for weeks upon weeks, even if they repeatedly said after 'Awww its just a joke, God!'

You might feel a bit differently about it then...

• Like 1
  • Love 1