I’ll take that

1 minute ago, nile said:

Excellent point even off our starting 11

brilliant point considering the red card

This 100%. As soon as saw our lineup I immediately felt unbelievable sympathy for the poor bûggers who had traveled all the way to Portsmouth for what they were about to witness. After the red I was sure we would crumble. Delighted not to have lost that and before the red we were getting on top of Pompey IMO. Showed some real heart, fight and some decent game management as well!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Onge said:

Last season we'd have capitulated - refreshing to see us dig deep and grind out a result for a change.

My thoughts exactly.  I thought Luongo would be crucial to getting anything tonight and given our record in the last 15 minutes or so matches, I assumed we were done for.  In that sense, it was very satisfying to see us hold on the way we did. 

We had players chasing down every ball and throwing their bodies in the way again and again at the back.  We didn't see much of that kind of determination and resolve last season.  It's great to be able to say they showed some character.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Onge said:

Last season we'd have capitulated - refreshing to see us dig deep and grind out a result for a change.

I think this is the main takeaway for us tonight. We've all been very quick to pile on the team when they've conceded late goals so the deserve credit for their resilience tonight. 

Hopefully it's the start of a longer term change of narrative for this team.

• Like 4

A point away at Portsmouth, a promotion rival, and a clean sheet is a good result.

However the performance levels of some of the players still is a bit suspect for me.    And without Corbeanu and Windass there is no creativity.  

Kamberi and Gregory doesn’t work as a strike partnership,  too similar hold up players and not fast or prolific enough.  Really need a pacy goal scorer to play alongside one of them.  

Shodipo works hard, but there’s a lack of creativity from the wing backs.

Midfield 3 are hard working, but again don’t create much.  Commentators kept raving about Bannan assists, as they put up the stat of 4 assists this season.  Not exactly loads. 

Definitey things to work on in the January swap shop window 

• Like 2

After the last few league games, maybe we can start to have a bit more confidence in the players and the manager. Things seem to be slowly improving, just need to turn some of the draws into wins. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

BPT brilliant again. Moore has to play more attacking against Crewe at the weekend. 

Yep I’d like to see us getting a good start against Crewe, let’s give someone a good tonking, ooh matron, and set ourselves up for a 2022 of fun.

If we go behind, Jesus another ooh Matron, we should have enough to pull it back.

Sorry, I need to get out more.

6 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

A point away at Portsmouth, a promotion rival, and a clean sheet is a good result.

However the performance levels of some of the players still is a bit suspect for me.    And without Corbeanu and Windass there is no creativity.  

Kamberi and Gregory doesn’t work as a strike partnership,  too similar hold up players and not fast or prolific enough.  Really need a pacy goal scorer to play alongside one of them.  

Shodipo works hard, but there’s a lack of creativity from the wing backs.

Midfield 3 are hard working, but again don’t create much.  Commentators kept raving about Bannan assists, as they put up the stat of 4 assists this season.  Not exactly loads. 

Definitey things to work on in the January swap shop window 

Good fair post mate