I’ll take that

Oh well, here we go.

I thought we were poor, lacked any ambition, yet another match where we failed to control midfield (how many is that this season home or away) and big wow, we held on for a point while other teams were scoring 5 and pulling away from us.

Yes we battled and thankfully BPF earned us the point, but it was as dull as dishwater as we were never there for 3 points.

Draws away are ok if you win your home games and we haven't been doing that consistently. We could be 10 points behind Rotherham and soon the games start running out, then what?/////

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

After seeing the line up I had very low expectations and would have taken a point.

We’ve seen us go under many times in similar circumstances especially after the red card but the players actually dug in and defended our goal very well. Even a few weeks ago we wouldn’t have got that draw.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daz said:

Oh well, here we go.

I thought we were poor, lacked any ambition, yet another match where we failed to control midfield (how many is that this season home or away) and big wow, we held on for a point while other teams were scoring 5 and pulling away from us.

Yes we battled and thankfully BPF earned us the point, but it was as dull as dishwater as we were never there for 3 points.

Draws away are ok if you win your home games and we haven't been doing that consistently. We could be 10 points behind Rotherham and soon the games start running out, then what?/////

In the circumstances though, a point was decent, no?

We didn't have a single centre back available; our best attacker was out; and our best midfielder was sent off with 20 mins to go.

I'd love to have hammered them 5-0, but given the above, an away draw has to be seen as a good thing, doesn't it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

After seeing the line up I had very low expectations and would have taken a point.

We’ve seen us go under many times in similar circumstances especially after the red card but the players actually dug in and defended our goal very well. Even a few weeks ago we wouldn’t have got that draw.

Amazing line up, and as you say not so long ago we would have gone under. All credit to each and everyone of  the players that took to the pitch last night. Couldnt fault the attitude or commitment. A hard earned and fully deserve point.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daz said:

Oh well, here we go.

Not a fit centre back at the club, we started with a winger, striker and full back in defence.

the midfield rightly dug in to protect those at the back. otherwise Pompey could have taken us to the cleaners

It’s ok taking a point but those teams  above Wednesday that played all took 3. Wednesday are probably 55 points away from an automatic spot with 25 games to play, which for a team that has only won 8 games out of 21 already looks unlikely and if there are too many more “good points”  the maths will become impossible very quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was there last night and very impressed with the defensive resilience we showed in the last 10.

They had very big wind behind them which meant goal kicks and kicks upfield were barely making the halfway line and nothing was sticking up top.

I thought it was only a matter of time until we conceded but they proved me wrong. It’s a great point and the fan’s reaction at the end said it all

• Like 1

Positive result in that we didn't have a recognised centre back and got a point against the form team in the league and with 10 men for 25 minutes. But... we showed zero intent to win the game with 11 men on the pitch. Only real chances we had were from Bannan set pieces, never tried to win the game which is disappointing. Pressure on Moore to get maximum points from Crewe, Accy and Burton. Surely 9 points is a minimum requirement from these 3 games 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Positive result in that we didn't have a recognised centre back and got a point against the form team in the league and with 10 men for 25 minutes. But... we showed zero intent to win the game with 11 men on the pitch. Only real chances we had were from Bannan set pieces, never tried to win the game which is disappointing. Pressure on Moore to get maximum points from Crewe, Accy and Burton. Surely 9 points is a minimum requirement from these 3 games 

Never tried to win ?

Bit hash that 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

Never tried to win ?

Bit hash that 

I think that’s harsh, we created some good openings where the final ball let us down. Annoying thing was that most of our corners went straight to the keeper.

I thought we needed to score first half when the wind was behind us if we were going to win

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

not much clear cut was there? A Bannan free-kick has bounced off Palmer's head and gone wide, that's about as much as i remember to be honest? We forced their keeper into any difficult save? Or even any routine one?

yeah but their keeper saved a ronaldo penalty. Don’t know if sky mentioned it or not.  

A very good point particularly when we went down to 10 men.  Yet we had very few chances to win this game and it was a back to the wall performance in which the most we were going to get was a point.  Unless we make chances we will continue to draw too many games to make a serious challenge for promotion, the game plan is preventing losses rather than gaining wins and that has been the case with several of our recent managers I am afraid.

• Love 1