George Hirst is a full weight…

He was threatening but I think that probably more to do with the fact we didn’t have a CB  playing. Overall I thought he was poor, went down far too easily under a challenge. Although a few of them were doing that. 

Sky had a strange love for him. Saying that he’s a real prospect, excited by him etc etc. He’s 23 and not really pulling up any trees in league 1, after bad spells at Rotherham and Belgium 3rd division.

• Like 1

Still think he could’ve been a good player for us but like a lot of young prospects we’ve had at one time or another, we’ve managed them badly. We’ve now got a manager who will manage any prospects we now have a lot better IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

Still think he could’ve been a good player for us but like a lot of young prospects we’ve had at one time or another, we’ve managed them badly. We’ve now got a manager who will manage any prospects we now have a lot better IMO.

Old Jim and his Garry Monk obsession 

No matter how we wraps the dig up it’s always too easy to unwrap it and spot it 

lol

This is why we love you Jim! ❤️

Owlstalk Shop

He was dangerous first half but once we’d worked him out he didn’t offer too much threat

In the end I think the comparative experience showed. although I can’t believe there’s only 4 years between him and Paterson

He’ll prove a better option than Kamberi over the course of a season, he turned in an absolute shocker again tonight 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Nail on the head. 

Sooo embarrassing. Lad did well tonight for them and looked far more effective than our two upfront. 

He did well first half but faded a bit in the second half.

He will be disapointed not to have scored that one and one.

But was he a bellend with his diving tonight, yes he was.

Its perfectly valid to say that and its separate from any discussion on him leaving us. 

• Like 1

Bizarre thread. He went over a few times a bit easily, no different to what you see week in week put up and down the country from footballers. None were blatant dives. Just because it’s Hirst he’s getting pelters.

Don’t get how people carry so much anger towards a 22 year old lad. Let it go. It’s ******** bizarre.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

He did well first half but faded a bit in the second half.

He will be disapointed not to have scored that one and one.

But was he a bellend with his diving tonight, yes he was.

Its perfectly valid to say that and its separate from any discussion on him leaving us. 

Honestly not sure where the diving thing is coming from?

One from Palmer in the first half, but you see that type of coming together every week in every league. Second through on goal with BPF - just looks like he lost his balance to me. He wasn’t screaming for a penalty.

Blowing it way out of proportion.

• Haha 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Bizarre thread. He went over a few times a bit easily, no different to what you see week in week put up and down the country from footballers. None were blatant dives. Just because it’s Hirst he’s getting pelters.

Don’t get how people carry so much anger towards a 22 year old lad. Let it go. It’s ******** bizarre.

The one in the first half was as blatant as they come

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

Someone above nailed it, he looks like a raw youngster.

His problem is that he’s knocking 23.

Whilst I totally agree with this assessment - and I also think he played atrociously tonight, attempting to cheat right left and centre.

I am reminded that some players come good a lot later in the game.   Ian Wright for instance, or that prat Jamie Vardy.   I think even Drogba and others like Van Nistelrooy were late bloomers too.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Screenshot_20211207-222811_Opera.jpg

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Honestly not sure where the diving thing is coming from?

One from Palmer in the first half, but you see that type of coming together every week in every league. Second through on goal with BPF - just looks like he lost his balance to me. He wasn’t screaming for a penalty.

Blowing it way out of proportion.

I think mainly it was from Hirst throwing himself to the ground half a dozen times in the first half, personally.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Old Jim and his Garry Monk obsession 

No matter how we wraps the dig up it’s always too easy to unwrap it and spot it 

lol

This is why we love you Jim! ❤️

Oh come off it Neil. Even I can’t blame Monk for the Hirst farce lol

Love you too ❤️

• Love 1