Ryan Lowe snapped up by new club?

6 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

After weeks of campaigning I really thought Lowe was coming here, I am absolutely gutted, and so should the rest of you, you don't know what you've lost 

Campaigning? By who??

I'm not gutted, because I never thought in a million years he was going to come here. Why would he risk throwing a growing reputation away by taking over our omnishambles, when he could wait for a decent offer which would allow him to take his career to another level. Which is, in fact, what happened.

25 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Great news for us, as he totally had our number. 

Its only because he was a former player.

If you take connections/rivalries out of the equation it would make far more sense for our fans to be fawning over Warne coming here, considering his budget and track record of getting promotion from this league. 

• Like 1

It will be a better contract. People seem to forget players who have spent most of their career in the lower league are not minted for the rest of their life. They have to work like the rest of us. Same goes as when they are managers, he wouldn’t have been on a life changing salary at Plymouth. These guys are like the rest of us, when offered a better paid job they take it.

30 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

You'd think he was the next Pep Guardiola. Funny how Plymouth are only 3 points above us in the league.

TBF, in his short managerial career he has impressed. Immediate promotion in his first two managerial jobs - first with Bury, then the following season with Plymouth. Then, after keeping them up, he put Plymouth firmly in the L1 play-off places before his departure.

Undoubtedly a smart, ambitious, confident young manager. My concern is that success elsewhere by no means translates into success with us, and that maybe he thrives with the backing of a particular model of football club. It's known, for example, that Plymouth have invested heavily in their backroom staff, so he has access to a good team of scouts and analysts. Are we even remotely that well set up? We've been a graveyard for managerial careers in the past.......

1 hour ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Campaigning? By who??

I'm not gutted, because I never thought in a million years he was going to come here. Why would he risk throwing a growing reputation away by taking over our omnishambles, when he could wait for a decent offer which would allow him to take his career to another level. Which is, in fact, what happened.

By me for all its worth

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

TBF, in his short managerial career he has impressed. Immediate promotion in his first two managerial jobs - first with Bury, then the following season with Plymouth. Then, after keeping them up, he put Plymouth firmly in the L1 play-off places before his departure.

Undoubtedly a smart, ambitious, confident young manager. My concern is that success elsewhere by no means translates into success with us, and that maybe he thrives with the backing of a particular model of football club. It's known, for example, that Plymouth have invested heavily in their backroom staff, so he has access to a good team of scouts and analysts. Are we even remotely that well set up? We've been a graveyard for managerial careers in the past.......

You have summed it up by saying the infrastructure in Plymouth is in place for a manager to progress. Ours is none existent so we berate the manager, not acknowledging what a really really tough gig , ours is, but many of our fans dont look at the context. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

You have summed it up by saying the infrastructure in Plymouth is in place for a manager to progress. Ours is none existent so we berate the manager, not acknowledging what a really really tough gig , ours is, but many of our fans dont look at the context. 

But we've got Barry Bannan.

We should be running away with the league!

:ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Gregory fee said:

Things happened quick I think Ryan must have been in talks with pne and Plymouth have already appointed Steven Schumacher the ex Bradford city midfielder.

Shades of Brentford. The club has a system and organisation which is bigger than the manager and which the staff buy into. That doesn't guarantee Schumacher will be successful, but he will know and understand the system and his role within in it.

1 hour ago, Gregory fee said:

Things happened quick I think Ryan must have been in talks with pne and Plymouth have already appointed Steven Schumacher the ex Bradford city midfielder.

Lowe did not leave for footballing reasons and I’m sure it’ll come out in due course. He didn’t have much choice in moving back close to home as this is what his wife insisted on 😳 See below…

39DD78AE-3D72-486A-8E89-14E80D816957.jpeg.82c3822fd9d6738c1c150fb395a855e9.jpeg

• Haha 1