Ryan Lowe snapped up by new club?

Surprised he left Plymouth, but maybe a chance to manage in the Championship now is appealing and sure geography on PNE's side for him. Be interesting to see how he gets on, someone I would have liked at our club at some point in the future.

Either way, weakens Plymouth who are only 3 points in front of us. 

Could be another lower league wonder, or the real deal....only time will tell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The coach said:

And everybody who wer sying 'why would he leave Plymouth' lovely area...club on the up..blah blah blah wer wrong

I don't think anyone said he wouldn't leave Plymouth. Just that he wouldn't leave Plymouth for us.......

As it is, he's jumped a level, and I don't blame him for that.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Wish him all the best of luck and hope he does well there.

We had a window of opportunity to get him at Hillsborough and I think he would be great for our club and the fans.

On the plus side, that's at least one team above us in the league table I am confident we can overtake

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

People used to say the same about Vardy playing for us yet it’s looking very unlikely, particularly with our league 1 status.  I also think Lowe is over the hills and far away now.  Shame as I think he would have been a popular manager here

Couldn’t agree more could be the start of a good progressive career with them 

that said I think we will be back in the championship before too long abs I always get the feeling young British managers especially if they wasn’t a house hold name don’t get as much opportunities higher up the pyramid 

so a championship manager maybe where he’s destined for unless he can get a team up and show some success in the premier league which is a very big ask especially at Preston so never say never with the ever revolving manager Merry-go-round 

30 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Couldn’t agree more could be the start of a good progressive career with them 

that said I think we will be back in the championship before too long abs I always get the feeling young British managers especially if they wasn’t a house hold name don’t get as much opportunities higher up the pyramid 

It will be interesting to see how he gets on; I think Championship is the highest level he will have managed at. In particular, I think he got a lot of support at Plymouth in terms of their backroom operation; that may not be the case at PNE. But you can't blame him for having ambition.

Good luck Ryan Lowe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think two reasons he would go to Preston from Plymouth.

A move back north and Preston have offered him a better contract.

I think the two reasons are

A better contract ….and A better contract.

After all I’d rather be based in Plymouth than Preston if it was me.