Ryan Lowe snapped up by new club?

It's a great opportunity for him, and one which he's simply got to take, you'd think.

Plymouth have been very good so far, but they're only three points ahead of us in the table, with a huge amount of football still to play - they could quite easily fall away in the second half of the season.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on at a higher level.

• Like 3

Hmm, an interesting one. 

Plymouth potentially a bigger club than Preston. Without an upturn they could be trading places. 

Lowe has made much of his small squad and they need to add numbers to their depth. 

A useful leverage tool in getting support in the January market when others clubs are sniffing. 

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Scouse - closer to home. 

Excellent point. Will no doubt be a big temptation in family and personal sense.

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Hmm, an interesting one. 

Plymouth potentially a bigger club than Preston. Without an upturn they could be trading places. 

Lowe has made much of his small squad and they need to add numbers to their depth. 

A useful leverage tool in getting support in the January market when others clubs are sniffing. 

Excellent point. Will no doubt be a big temptation in family and personal sense.

Its also a club in a higher division so chance to prove himself at this level.

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

For me it's a strange one, he's got the chance to really build a big or bigger club than PNE. In Plymouth.

It's an odd choice for me. 

I get what you mean, but there are no guarantees in football.

Plymouth have started the season well, but six months from now they could well be facing another season in League One with the likes of Sunderland, Ipswich, Wednesday, and Derby potentially competing for promotion. Before you know it, Lowe's just another mid-table League One manager, a few bad results away from the sack.

Moving to Preston guarantees him a shot at managing in the Championship, and barring a complete disaster in the remainder of this season, they'll still be a Championship club next year.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Fair play to him 

hope he smashes it 

I’ve got a feeling how he speaks about us he’s destined to be our manager one day 

People used to say the same about Vardy playing for us yet it’s looking very unlikely, particularly with our league 1 status.  I also think Lowe is over the hills and far away now.  Shame as I think he would have been a popular manager here

• Like 1