PORTSMOUTH V WEDNESDAY - OMDT

23 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wouldn’t mind it being called off but would be shocking for the fans that have gone all that way to do a pitch inspection so late. 

Probably hoping the pitch will have dried out somewhat by then. 

Unfortunately it's the weather and there isn't much you can do about that. Just one of those things.

3 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Just like in the 1983/84 season, went to Portsmouth, Got absolutely detached standing in the far corner but never the less got the right result. 1-0 win courtesy of Gary Megson. Going home was another matter though ie the infamous Slow Train.🙄

And return match 2--O Shelton and Mel the Mover on a nice sunny day in Hillsboroughlol

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, wexowl said:

And return match 2--O Shelton and Mel the Mover on a nice sunny day in Hillsboroughlol

The infamous train does it me, Soaking wet Trousers, A very wet away shirt and being absolutely frozen due to the saturation that we got. Also eating stale sandwiches bought from Guards Van on the train. Those were the days.🥶

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

The infamous train does it me, Soaking wet Trousers, A very wet away shirt and being absolutely frozen due to the saturation that we got. Also eating stale sandwiches bought from Guards Van on the train. Those were the days.🥶

That, sir comes under the heading of DEDICATION above and beyond......

As some earlier posters  mentioned being 8 years old v Portsmouth well I took my eldest lad over for his 8th birthday in April   which is why I can still rustle up some memories of that day..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wexowl said:

That, sir comes under the heading of DEDICATION above and beyond......

As some earlier posters  mentioned being 8 years old v Portsmouth well I took my eldest lad over for his 8th birthday in April   which is why I can still rustle up some memories of that day..

I’m not quite sure on this one , I also seem to remember the Carlisle away fixture in the same season where it pi55 it down though not on the scale of the Pompey fixture.Also ICO ran a train to that fixture.Frustratingly, Carlisle scored a last gasp equaliser to level it at 1-1.

• Thanks 1