PORTSMOUTH V WEDNESDAY - OMDT

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Pull yourselves together men! 

FFS

All this defeatist attitude...

Is this the spirit of Wednesday!?

Is this the spirit of England?!

It's a good job we didn't have this attitude at Stamford Bridge or Hastings...no, wait...hang on a minute..

We’ll we did win at Stamford Bridge and would have got at least a draw down on the south coast if the Rovrum Owls caravan didn’t break down on the way

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, prowl said:

Snnots, it wasn't just the team that didn't turn up against Hartlepool, neither did you.

There's a connection. The players read your opening post in the matchday thread, have a good laugh and it raises their spirits.  No spirit against 'pool.  You know it's true.

Just sayin'.  lol

A deliberate ploy to see us dumped from the trophy so we could concentrate on the league.  

Still, I should have you flayed for the insubordination!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Pull yourselves together men! 

FFS

All this defeatist attitude...

Is this the spirit of Wednesday!?

Is this the spirit of England?!

It's a good job we didn't have this attitude at Stamford Bridge or Hastings...no, wait...hang on a minute..

I remember both of those games, I think.  We did fine to get a win at Stamford Bridge, you know.  It was just the fixture congestion, and all the injuries we'd picked up in the first game, meant we had to play a very inexperienced defence at Hastings and the young lads got caught too far up the pitch when the other side counter-attacked.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

complained about the amount of games we've drawn so far this season but i'd snap your hand off at one tonight. 13/15 points for them from their last 5 games so it would be a decent draw tonight if we back it up with a win saturday. 4 points out of 6 would keep us well in the play off chase

I get the sentiment, but don't think we can afford to be drawing games. 5 of the 7 teams above us still have games in hand, the other 2 have a points advantage. It's about putting points on the board now, no more excuses.

Two difficult games though for different reasons, Pompey away and in good form then a trip to Crewe, just the banana skin we usually fall foul of. I'm more confident about winning tonight than on Saturday TBH.