PORTSMOUTH V WEDNESDAY - OMDT

Bannan doesn't seem to influence the game as much from his further forward position. He says he gets man marked. If he was further back they perhaps wouldn't get as near to him. 

He could then create more for players going forward. 

Guest mrbluesky

Second to the ball, bullied all over the pitch, they are making George Hirst look like a world beater, yeah, yeah he's upping his game, well our 11 need to up it in the second half!!!!

COME ON, YOU BEAUTIFUL SET OF STEWARDS!!!!

Typical away performance so far.

Need to be 10 yards further up the pitch 2nd half. We should be in front, 2 goalmouth scrambles and, Dele-Bashiru’s thunderbolt.

Keep it tight next 10 minutes and we’re favourites for 3 points.

• Like 3

We’re battling, but not looking like scoring at all.

Corbeanu must come on - right now. I wouldn’t change the two up top - if we can create more through the wings then they’ll put them away. 

I’d give Byers a run, and that’s probably it - the rest are shockers on the bench

I’ve got a novel thought for the second half… hear me out lads…..

Not sure if anyone has come up with this idea but my suggestion would be to take Shodipo off and replace him with Corbenau. 

Don’t think many on here will agree with the suggestion…. No? Ok, was just a thought. 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

Portsmouth are all fur coat and no knickers.

They aint scoring all night.

Our quality will show at some point.

0-1 or 0-2 to us.

Don't forget BPF has only had 1 clean sheet apparently since joining us. How many clean sheets did Westwood get in consecutive seasons. Was it 16?

Let's be honest, we need to be attacking this game, because although so far we've held firm at the back - that back line has easily an error in them that will cost us a goal.

We have the better midfield, we should have the at the top end of the pitch too but our strikers don't seem to be on their game today.

We need to come out on the front foot or make a change in defence - I don't even k now what the bench has, i'm guessing not much defensive wise!

3 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

Bannan doesn't seem to influence the game as much from his further forward position. He says he gets man marked. If he was further back they perhaps wouldn't get as near to him. 

He could then create more for players going forward. 

What?! Have you been watching us with him playing quarter back for the last 3 years?!

Get im forrard and let him weave his magic in front of their defence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miffed said:

I’ve got a novel thought for the second half… hear me out lads…..

Not sure if anyone has come up with this idea but my suggestion would be to take Shodipo off and replace him with Corbenau. 

Don’t think many on here will agree with the suggestion…. No? Ok, was just a thought. 

I personally think we have room on the pitch for both.

Shodipo should surely be played more central??