PORTSMOUTH V WEDNESDAY - OMDT

The likely team we can put out should be good enough to win tonight. Recent league form encouraging, but the pathetic performance against Hartlepool dented my confidence a little.

I do feel quite optimistic, but I've felt that before many many many times with Wednesday and been let down. At the back of my mind is that long midweek away trips to the south coast don't usually end well although clng to Bournemouth result the other season, but then remember Plymouth this season, then have shocking flashbacks to a 5-0 defeat at Southampton in the early 80s when I was a kid.

I get the feeling it is a pivotal week, two away games and points to make up, now games in hand are being played. Other club owners getting itchy trigger fingers, we could be top 6 by Saturday tea time, or mid table like Ipswich. I sincerely hope it's the former with 6 points in the bag. 

0-2 to Wednesday the first scoreline that popped into my head, so I'll go with that.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Morepork said:

Not on iFollow……So, I get to use my Bein subscription which as we’ve only been on twice takes the average cost down to about £40 a game…….ffs (nobody tell Mrs Morepork)

On the positive side, through the black magic that is casting I at least get to watch this on the tv. 😂😂

Did anybody tell you its on Sky.  Nobody told me either. 🥴

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Long trip on a Tuesday night? On sky? We don't win these games, do we? 

Exactly this .

Throw in wet and windy and commentary on RS by Brian Laws and it’s the perfect scenario for a bad result 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Blame Wednesday for such thoughts!

You’re right mate.

I’d love to be going into a match super confident.

I really thought there were signs the corner had been turned but ,despite the fact it shouldn’t, that Hartlepool result has proper p**d me off and it’s back to the same old Wednesday 

complained about the amount of games we've drawn so far this season but i'd snap your hand off at one tonight. 13/15 points for them from their last 5 games so it would be a decent draw tonight if we back it up with a win saturday. 4 points out of 6 would keep us well in the play off chase

Conditions are going to be dire which normally means a scrappy affair where luck more than skill determines the winner. That clearly means a massive win for The Wednesday for as we all know the football gods continuously smile on us…..(or is that shîte on us?)…

Either way, looking forward to the game!

• Haha 1

Snnots, it wasn't just the team that didn't turn up against Hartlepool, neither did you.

There's a connection. The players read your opening post in the matchday thread, have a good laugh and it raises their spirits.  No spirit against 'pool.  You know it's true.

Just sayin'.  lol

• Like 1