Wednesday eyeing a move for Josh Ruffels….

Sheffield Wednesday are weighing up a January move for Huddersfield Town left-back Josh Ruffels, Yorkshire Live understands.

It is no secret Owls manager Darren Moore is eager to strengthen their defensive options when the transfer market reopens in the New Year. Wednesday are low on numbers at the back, particularly in central defence with Sam Hutchinson, Dominic Iorfa and Lewis Gibson all sidelined by injury. 

Moore wants to bring in reinforcements to boost their promotion hopes and Ruffels is believed to be on the club's radar. 

The 28-year-old has found first-team football hard to come by since joining Huddersfield Town on a free transfer last summer.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

I`m hoping this means DM has realised he dropped a huge b*****k signing Brown.

It feels like Moore had faith in him, but it didn’t last long. 

Looks like there’ll be some moving about in Jan 

As Brown will still be here in Jan (unless sold or loaned out) we could do with a Centre Back and a left back. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I said in the Summer Ruffels was out of contract at Oxford and would be s good signing. One of their best players in their play off team last season  at left back. 

Left them because he wanted to move to the Championship.

Hate to disappoint you but we aren't in the championship so why would he want to come to us? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

I have literally never ever heard of him. That’s normally a good sign but the fact he’s at Huddersfield doesn’t bode well. Let’s sign him up anyway. I’m sick of not having a reasonable left back. 

'Udders have such an enormous record of not losing that their defenders have to be world class. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

Hate to disappoint you but we aren't in the championship so why would he want to come to us? 

He might not want to, maybe he would rather stay and fight for his place there.

But if Huddersfield do make him available for loan, I can't see them loaning him to another championship club.

1 hour ago, A47Owl said:

1) his move to the championship hasn’t paid off and he’s getting no game time 

2) he will be joining what is seen in the football world  a massive club in this division 

3) chance to compete for a promotion on his CV 

4) it will most likely be a loan so he could get his game time and go back in the summer competing for first team football

5) could be a loan with a view to sign if we get promoted he’s back in the championship

6) we will no doubt match his wages 

think there’s enough reason to think he would rather drop down and play for us than bench warm that’s if he’s getting on the bench 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He will be absolutely hating not playing looking at those stats

Seems like he was pretty much an ever present player in recent years

Also looks like he stays fit too

we all know when he signs he will get some kind of injury now you’ve said it lol 

the Wednesday way