We play Portsmouth next - how will we do?

Rotherham have a game in hand,Wigan 2 games in hand,and it irks me to see these 2 & WW in 1,2 & 3 whilst we sit outside even a play off place.

Simply not good enough.

To answer your Q

How will we do? we simply MUST win,and continue to win our matches,week in,week out,NO excuses...

because if not,any chance of an automatic promotion place will pass us by.

Play Offs are a lottery,and one in which frankly i wouldnt have any confidence in winning.

DM must not be allowed to see reaching the play offs,in the English Div 3,with this squad,as any sort of achievement.

Its a poor Division in my view(thats why its 3rd tier & not 2nd or 1st,before the objectors chip in) 7 one in which we could,and should have done much better.

Edited by parajack
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

If we are serious about being promotion contenders, anything other than wins now are points dropped.

We need to have a positive attacking line up and attitude for every game for the 26 games left. If we do that we will win a lot more than we lose or draw.

Even every draw now is 2 points dropped and puts the pressure on to win the next the next 2 or 3 games.

We need 10 points from the next 4 games to keep in touch with the top.

Tuesday night's have been good for us in the league. Won 3 at home, won at Wigan and drew at Cambridge.

Baffles me why someone would put a laughing emoticon on that post,as anyone can see its bang o the money.

If we are to have ANY  ambition at all,that clearly is what we must do.Anything less than convincing wins now,will see us lose ground,and lose any sight of automatic promotion.(we may have anyway,as the form of other teams at the top may continue to match ours)

Draws are no good to us......

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer said:

We will learn a lot tomorrow about where we are. Tough game but winnable. Looking forward to watching on sky… which means I’ll probably be disappointed… it’s the Wednesday way.

however a draw tomorrow would be a really good result. With 3 winnabale games to follow

Anticipating failure already? A draw would be two more points dropped,and would in no way be a 'good result'

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, prowl said:

We tend to do well against good teams so there's a chance we will win but a point would be ok. 

If we had played any of these teams last Year,we as a fan base despite our woes in the Championship,would have expected our team to win them convincingly.

Why? because they are third tier team,many bound by a wage cap,and limited finances that hinder recruitment and holding onto decent players.

We have 7 players in our Squad that were with us in the Championship,the rest  from Championship or PL clubs(loans or otherwise)

Draws are simply not ENOUGH & we really must start to win our matches now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I agree that sometimes draws against teams around the top of the division aren't necessarily a bad thing, as it's also 2 points dropped for the opposition as well and they are not pulling further ahead of us.

Our problem this season is the number of draws against the lower teams. 

Shrewsbury, Lincoln, Gillingham at home. Wimbledon, Cambridge, Cheltenham away. A lot of dropped points and if repeated in the 2nd half of the season, we will struggle to make the play offs.

absolutely. 

15 minutes ago, parajack said:

If we had played any of these teams last Year,we as a fan base despite our woes in the Championship,would have expected our team to win them convincingly.

Why? because they are third tier team,many bound by a wage cap,and limited finances that hinder recruitment and holding onto decent players.

We have 7 players in our Squad that were with us in the Championship,the rest  from Championship or PL clubs(loans or otherwise)

Draws are simply not ENOUGH & we really must start to win our matches now.

I agree we should beat these teams but the reality is that we haven't actually been very good until maybe the last 3 games. We've lost to teams we consider inferior.

I'm not so sure our team would have beaten 3rd tier teams last year, most of the time we were dreadful. Overall we are probably a better team this year, at least we seem to have a bit of fight in us now, Hartlepool excepted

• Like 1