We play Portsmouth next - how will we do?

Very tough game.

Unbeaten in 7, and won their last 4 conceding only once.

Danny Cowley seems to have them playing really well now.

But we’ve been unbeaten in 10. So it’s the irresistible force meeting the immovable object - logic says it’s a nailed-on draw. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Pompey’s form is broadly similar to ours I suppose. Big unbeaten streak in the league but a defeat in a cup game. I suppose a draw away from home should be acceptable but given our defensive troubles we can’t really set up to keep it tight and try and nick a goal. 
I hope we just go all out attack and what happens, happens.

• Like 1

I remember that 2-3 loss when Donnelly scored after 25 seconds and their Japanese keeper was making his debut. Good times  

As for Tuesday it’s on telly so I will predict a Pompey win.  Whenever my Brighton in laws get to watch us play we are usually pants and they like to let me know about it   “You’re not very good are you”. Is the normal message, I expect normality will continue.   

• Like 1

Next 4 are all against teams below us - Pompey, Crewe, Accrington and Burton. A real chance to cement our position in the top 6. If we don’t take advantage then We don’t deserve to be there. So it’s 10 points from 12 for me, starting with a draw tomorrow.

• Like 2

I hope the positive momentum we have built has not been spoiled by the poor performance in the pizza cup and the weekend break. 

Luongo has to start for me, as does Kamberi. 

I've been bouyed by Darren Moore's management in the last few league games. Seeing him celebrating in front of the North stand after our last gasp win against MK Don's was inspiring. 

We need more of that. I'm slightly positive. 2-1 win. 

• Love 2

Two teams on decent league runs, two teams with injuries, one at home, the other just had a free weekend to rest. 

All points s to a fairly even game, although always worry about us and long midweek away trips to the south coast. Bournemouth aside the other season, doesn't usually end well. 

Another big game for Moore

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

I remember that 2-3 loss when Donnelly scored after 25 seconds and their Japanese keeper was making his debut. Good times  

As for Tuesday it’s on telly so I will predict a Pompey win.  Whenever my Brighton in laws get to watch us play we are usually pants and they like to let me know about it   “You’re not very good are you”. Is the normal message, I expect normality will continue.   

All bad things come to a good end, call your Brighton outlaws, and tell them we are very very good cos we're SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY a world wide institution

If we are serious about being promotion contenders, anything other than wins now are points dropped.

We need to have a positive attacking line up and attitude for every game for the 26 games left. If we do that we will win a lot more than we lose or draw.

Even every draw now is 2 points dropped and puts the pressure on to win the next the next 2 or 3 games.

We need 10 points from the next 4 games to keep in touch with the top.

Tuesday night's have been good for us in the league. Won 3 at home, won at Wigan and drew at Cambridge.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

As much as draws have been an issue for us recently I don’t think it would be a bad point here at all . I would take 1. 

then need to back up with a couple of wins after this 

I agree that sometimes draws against teams around the top of the division aren't necessarily a bad thing, as it's also 2 points dropped for the opposition as well and they are not pulling further ahead of us.

Our problem this season is the number of draws against the lower teams. 

Shrewsbury, Lincoln, Gillingham at home. Wimbledon, Cambridge, Cheltenham away. A lot of dropped points and if repeated in the 2nd half of the season, we will struggle to make the play offs.

• Like 3