Jump to content

Football fans blast stadium food served at matches


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 


One thing that I think I'm seeing here is that most fans don't mind the prices if the quality is good

I think fans want quality more than anything


I know I do - I don't mind paying high prices if the products are exciting, innovative and top quality

 

High prices and exciting product isn't what we're about these days.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's the price that really irks me, just seems to be a rip off. Haribo and chocolate marked up to be 3-4 times what you pay in shops, soft drinks 2-3 times the price and the food is generally really poor too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 0742 said:

It's the price that really irks me, just seems to be a rip off. Haribo and chocolate marked up to be 3-4 times what you pay in shops, soft drinks 2-3 times the price and the food is generally really poor too.

 

 

Same as cinema and theatre etc

I accept that now but just want quality stuff


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 


One thing that I think I'm seeing here is that most fans don't mind the prices if the quality is good

I think fans want quality more than anything


I know I do - I don't mind paying high prices if the products are exciting, innovative and top quality

I think this is the way a lot of the world is going in relation to a lot of things. Another example of this is the price of a male hair cut. When I was growing up, used to be £4 at local barbers but it was always a simpler style. I'm 27 now and I go to a barbers near mine and the price is £17 per hair cut. Might seem crazy to alot of people but this place is rammed 7 days a week and you have to book 2/3 weeks in advance. their quality is fantastic though and you get served a beer while you wait.

 

I just think people are more than happy to pay a premium if the thing you are paying for is top quality. People are not accepting ******** poor quality anymore.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Daavies; said:

I think this is the way a lot of the world is going in relation to a lot of things. Another example of this is the price of a male hair cut. When I was growing up, used to be £4 at local barbers but it was always a simpler style. I'm 27 now and I go to a barbers near mine and the price is £17 per hair cut. Might seem crazy to alot of people but this place is rammed 7 days a week and you have to book 2/3 weeks in advance. their quality is fantastic though and you get served a beer while you wait.

 

I just think people are more than happy to pay a premium if the thing you are paying for is top quality. People are not accepting ******** poor quality anymore.

 

 

Yeah totally agree with this

 

I look for quality now in everything from food and meals to hotel rooms to travel and anything else I can ensure I'm getting something quality instead of something cheap


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:



OH FFS
When are we gonna see an end to these posts in stadium catering threads?

 

Seriously

 

FFS

 

What do you mean, you are whining about the quality are you not? 

 

So just have something before or after and vote with your foot, the fact is, people still buy this trash they serve up and will continue to do so whilst people purchase it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JumboRex said:

 

What do you mean, you are whining about the quality are you not?  



No - I'm looking at catering on offer at various clubs and looking for the best stuff and suggestions that we could possibly have here


I'm also not debating whether or not it's better to not eat in a stadium - I'm talking about improving the stuff in football stadiums so that fans are happier and clubs make more money

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Same as cinema and theatre etc

I accept that now but just want quality stuff

 

Yeah exactly the same, went to the theatre a few weeks back and couldn't believe the prices they were charging. Don't mind paying, if the quality is there!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Yeah totally agree with this

 

I look for quality now in everything from food and meals to hotel rooms to travel and anything else I can ensure I'm getting something quality instead of something cheap

 

I think that the first thing at Hillsborough is to start getting the basics right.

 

Hot  Food and Drinks  served Hot, 

Cold Drinks  Served Cold

Stock Levels to match demand

Service and staffing  that work within the timesclaes required.

 

In other Lets get Pie and Chips right first and work on Lebanese flat bread later

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, JumboRex said:

you could just not eat something until after, i mean a 90 minute time period isn't particularly difficult to make it through without eating

Remember Harry Gration on look l**ds when Sheffield was flooded..he was in a small boat down Brightside.

He was talking to two girls stuck in an office...one shouted to him 'it's been 2hrs now with nothing to eat' 🤣

 

On swfc food...don't know why they don't just franchise it out. Lose a bit. But a lot easier, no hassle..and if shyte they would lose the franchise.

Let him have a crack at it, that big mouthy swearing fooooker.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

 

I've often wondered how long it will be before pubs just do that
No waiting to get served at the bar anymore - glorious

 

lol

 


I recently watched the Robbie Savage BBC documentary on his mate saving Macclesfield FC.

I’m sure I saw self serve beer pumps in the bar.

 

Its out there!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, CP4 said:

IMG-20211205-WA0005.thumb.jpg.1bd6fd256c1d7d83d2db88c5a437e41f.jpg

There's a difference between the pictures oakwell put out and the ones the fans have posted on footy scran, still a Lebanese chicken flat bread and looks a damn sight better than anything dished up at our place 

FFx7JTaWUAgrNr7.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...