Why do we get so many injuries?

11 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

It’s the Sheffield hills. We sign people and they aren’t used to them. They move to Sheffield and are suddenly walking up or down hill all of the time. Their bodies aren’t used to it. It’s nothing to do with the football which is why we never get to the bottom if by looking at football related things. Players from Sheffield such as Palmer don’t suffer. Players from hilly places such as Bannan and Patterson likewise. Poor old Luongo from Sydney didn’t stand a chance!
We need to focus on Sheffield born and bred players or players from hilly places. Or mountain goats. 

I think most of our glass backs are from Lincolnshire or Holland then

6 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I’m pretty sure every manager we’ve had in the last twenty years has promised an investigation into our level of injuries. 

Really?

Don’t remember Meggo having any investigations about injuries. But then again they were running around Grenoside Woods every week. He said it was for team bonding and character building but that team didn’t have the level of injury that we have more recently since the more sophisticated training methods appeared.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, room0035 said:

When football was a contact sport very few injuries happened, now because players don't train how to tackle. When players do get tackled a lot of the time they get injured.

We have so many players with pulls and strains which suggest they are not warning up and warming down correct before and after games. The time players take to come back from injuries also seen to be longer. Why is it taking the club 2-3 weeks to get players checked out this should be happening the Monday following the weekend at the latest.

and if course my favourite from Darren Moore - Hutch cannot play because the pitch is too hard.😂😂😂😂😂

I'll agree with daz and hutch on that one. 

With busted knees I know all too well how much effect running and training on solid surfaces has on the pain levels I get in the knees. 

It's the biggest load baring joint in the body soo constant impact on a surface with no give creates loads of swelling and pain. Hope that little insight helps. 

10 hours ago, Blatter said:

Really?

Don’t remember Meggo having any investigations about injuries. But then again they were running around Grenoside Woods every week. He said it was for team bonding and character building but that team didn’t have the level of injury that we have more recently since the more sophisticated training methods appeared.

Likewise with sturrock who had a very similar attitude /training methods. 

Our injuries seemed far less and not as long term. 

I personally believe its down to bad game preparation due to inadiqute/ enough stretching teqnique. A lack of fitness levels and of course bringing players back before they're fully fit.