Dawson On The Up

Dawson has always had all the attributes to be a top keeper for years to come and if he’s learnt to kick a ball and take control of his area at Exeter, then i’d be tempted to give him another chance to be our number one next season. He had some poor games last season and confidence visibly drained from him, but keepers do mature and reach their potential later.Take Adam Davies as an example. Had a blinder in the net for Stoke today at QPR. He’s 28/29 ish and another  one that slipped the net at S6.

Dawson was given a long contract for good reason and it would be so Wednesday, for us to let him go now and then see him playing at a higher level than us in years to come. 

• Like 1

He would have been better joining the team playing the sort of football we played in Carlos' first season. He was doing pretty well with Garry Monk until the Stoke City game, and I reckon he'd have done fine with Steve Bruce. When he made his debut though, it was always going to end in tears (Sam Hutchinson as a number 10)

The style of football we were playing didn't help. Facing 20 odd attempts per game didn't help matters one bit for him. Some of the games we played, he kept the score down despite the errors. He kept Jos Luhakay in a job a lot longer than he should have been, with the clean sheet at Bramall Lane.

The lads confidence was draining under Luhakay. He looked a much better keeper when he came back in the net again when Monk dropped Westwood. Then for some reason, the confidence went again - Rotherham away was his worst performance in a Wednesday shirt

33 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Think he is miles better than Wildsmith.

Yeah, he is in imo 

It just didn't work here for whatever reason. 

Think having Westwood still at the club and the way he was banished didn't help anyone really. 

Just casted a shadow over the people having to step in. 

I think he's got a decent career ahead of him at League 1 level, perhaps even Championship level at the right club.

I don't think we're the right club though, which is a pity what with him being being a local lad who came through the academy.  There seems to be a confidence issue when he plays for us, and one mistake and the pressure will be right on again from some sections of the fanbase (imagine if he'd made even half the errors BPF has made this season?  He'd have been chased out of town by now).  I do think he has been mismanaged and unfortunately made a scapegoat - the whole Westwood saga going off in the background probably hasn't helped.

Glad he's doing well at Exeter, but one of those situations where it's probably best if both parties move on.

48 minutes ago, Brissy-owl said:

Well no its on YouTube like I just said look it up because I cant be bothered to reel it off 😂😂😂😂

Let me get this right then.....you reckon you can remember.....and you reckon there's a whole reel of them 

But the best you can come up with is "look it up yourself"

So i've tried and can't find a single one.

You ever thought of being a barrister or summat

7 hours ago, Ian said:

Let me get this right then.....you reckon you can remember.....and you reckon there's a whole reel of them 

Not sure how hard you looked because here are 3 in one game for a start

Edited by McRightSide

7 hours ago, Ian said:

or this v QPR in the cup

Edited by McRightSide

7 hours ago, Ian said:

Or this great performance