DC and the Season Ticket Saga

11 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

I saw that but. But he’s saying that £365, on the Kop, is ‘League One’ pricing for this club. And the small print is saying £415, on the Kop, is League One pricing too. But with a realistic chance of promotion, not a guarantee because it’ll be Jan/Feb time. So it’s still essentially League One pricing.

Last season £450 was Championsip pricing for this club iirc.

What is £380 and £395? What comes after £415 if we don’t go up? £450? So we’re back paying Championship pricing but in League One. Nearly £100 more than what he says himself is ‘League One pricing’ for this club. 

It should’ve been £365 until the end of Jan. Have a month off, the £400 in March/April. There’s your gamble as a fan, the pictures clearer and it’s a much fairer way of doing it. He’s asking people to gamble on league position 20 games into a 46 game season.

Spot on

2 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

He hasn’t guaranteed “no increase in prices”

What he’s said is get your tickets now incase we charge you even more in 3 months time 

Also, this price freeze is for 1 week only…it goes up 20 quid the week after. 

4C123395-AD81-473E-A137-AF767F68253A.jpeg

A0ED0C26-BBC7-4CB6-BFF9-18BDB0363208.jpeg

Its like Bez has jumped in to blindly defend something and someone without even understanding the basic facts here 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Anyone else know that 

"We haven't been a sustainable club in 150 years"

Limpin' along winning 4 league titles, 3 F.A cups, League cup and Charity shield???

That was the stand out lie for me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

A0ED0C26-BBC7-4CB6-BFF9-18BDB0363208.jpeg

Its like Bez has jumped in to blindly defend something and someone without even understanding the basic facts here 

Its great this, I'm going to wait for the potential points deduction and free fall down the table then ask for a discount on week 1 prices. What do you think the response will be? 

• Like 3

Just now, TheGaffer said:

Its great this, I'm going to wait for the potential points deduction and free fall down the table then ask for a discount on week 1 prices. What do you think the response will be? 

Just to be clear I obviously hope I'm paying an extra grand as we've smashed the league. This is what ******** is off, he's got fans by the goolies and he knows it the the conman

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

He hasn’t guaranteed “no increase in prices”

What he’s said is get your tickets now incase we charge you even more in 3 months time 

Also, this price freeze is for 1 week only…it goes up 20 quid the week after. 

4C123395-AD81-473E-A137-AF767F68253A.jpeg

Why not just launch it in Jan or Feb at the prices he is offering for the next five days.? 

Nothing but a thinly disguised cash grab. 

• Like 1

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Why not just launch it in Jan or Feb at the prices he is offering for the next five days.? 

He could've released them the same date and held the price til Feb. Everyone's a winner including chansiri especially with the goodwill it generates. 

Hiking the price after a week, 2 weeks before Christmas? Nah completely the opposite. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, TheGaffer said:

Absolutely nuts isn't it. The bloke is a complete and utter conman, sadly we have fans supporting him over who should be their brothers in arms. WAWAW? Nah for some it's WACAW. 

It’s a fine line unfortunately for us fans. We love  the club, and will back them no matter what, and that’s where chansiri has us by the balls. Following Wednesday is my hobby and my escape from every day life, so It puts me in a horrible situation.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I don't believe a word he says. It's just utter rubbish. This isn't for the fans at all or he would just wait until February like every year. This is a need cash quick thing 100%. Can't stand reading any of his interviews. You can see even after all this time, that he still thinks we should be loyal to everything he says and does.  You can almost sense just how little he actually thinks of us. Football clubs across the country take their fans for granted and I can't wait until we have a regulated independent body controlling football. So muppets like Chansiri would be held accountable for their dreadful stewardship. #ChansiriOut

• Like 4
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Poor old Dejphon, eh?

He tries to do something nice for us customers and we throw it back in his face like the ungrateful sods that we are.

When will we start to recognise all that he's done for our club?

🙄

Seriously though, Holt makes a good point regarding the need for a PR advisor, but for me the key point is that Chansiri was told by others at the club what the reaction reaction would be, yet he ploughed on regardless.

And then I ask myself why...is he oblivious to their advice and believes he has a better understanding of the fanbase, or is there a part of him which actually wants to stoke supporters' ire so that he can play the wounded victim in the press again?

Because there's a definite pattern emerging here...

Is there anything to suggest that Chansiri would listen to a P R Advisor?

In all his time as owner of Sheffield Wednesday he’s done exactly as he pleases regardless of offers of advice from several quarters. More to the point, several knowledgeable football people have quickly found the exit door slamming behind them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Because now it’s abundantly obvious that the prices were always going to go up on Jan/Feb , regardless of the fact Chansiri has clearly hinted that this seasons pricing structure is a sustainable model for the club. 

Aside from a cash grab, the disguise is also on the fact that if you’re bringing price frozen tickets out this early your strategy is clearly for the prices to be going up, significantly too by the looks. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Mosborough-owl said:

It’s a fine line unfortunately for us fans. We love  the club, and will back them no matter what, and that’s where chansiri has us by the balls. Following Wednesday is my hobby and my escape from every day life, so It puts me in a horrible situation.

Its a choice nobody should have to make. When it becomes so it's the biggest indicator that the chairman has to go. The fans are the lifeblood not a cancer playboy millionaire 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Is there anything to suggest that Chansiri would listen to a P R Advisor?

In all his time as owner of Sheffield Wednesday he’s done exactly as he pleases regardless of offers of advice from several quarters. More to the point, several knowledgeable football people have quickly found the exit door slamming behind them.

Yes, that was my point when I said:

Holt makes a good point regarding the need for a PR advisor, but for me the key point is that Chansiri was told by others at the club what the reaction reaction would be, yet he ploughed on regardless.

He needs a PR advisor, but I doubt he'd listen to them any more than he appears to be listening to the rest of the team he's assembled.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The other thing that’s just spring to mind 

Chansiri said he did it to give the fans something special etc

But he consulted the fans who told him to absolutely NOT do it and that they didn’t want it at all

lol

Its like a beaten partner being told what's good for them. Utterly disgraceful all round. Sadly we as fans have become too worn down to fight back 

• Love 3

Guest Derby owl
4 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Its more or less "blaming the fans" in a roundabout sort of way...again

He can't justify a bloody price rise in this sodding division, whether we "Look like going up or not"

IF..He was "rewarding" loyal supporters he would do something about the "Loyal" supporters that are complaining about it!

Nah, he's doing it for himself "Loyal" supporters are simply a get out excuse

I think if he says "loyal" enough times in his dialogue of confusion the fans will agree wether there loyal or not!! 

Just now, TheGaffer said:

Its like a beaten partner being told what's good for them. Utterly disgraceful all round. Sadly we as fans have become too worn down to fight back 

Even worse - we have the next door neighbours telling us that If we don’t keep taking the black eyes then we are the ones in the wrong 

Owlstalk Shop

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There is an ever decreasing circle of those who have the finances to chuck money at the chairman’s latest schemes 

There is also an ever decreasing circle of those who have the desire to chuck money at the chairman’s latest schemes 

I think the correct term is now 'loyal fans'.

🥴