DC and the Season Ticket Saga

I have no horse in this race, as I have no intention of buying either at the early bird price or the later, higher, price.

From an objective viewpoint this looks and feels like a cash grab. He could just of easily set the price freeze in February or March as normal and there would probably be more uptake than there will be in December. So we're left with the question as to why he's doing it now. 

The only logical reason I can see is that he needs the money. 

It's no secret that he didn't pay the players for several months, but not only that he didn't pay the office staff either. Threats of a(nother) points deduction looming and no money in the bank the best way to get cash in up front is to sell early season tickets. 

The repeated assertion that it's for "the loyal fans" is rubbish. He could easily reward the loyal fans by another route.

• Like 5

Just now, vulva said:

It’s called a balanced view. Not like some on here running around the kitchen with pants on their head shouting DC is the anti christ. 

A balanced view would be asking why we are feeling the need to front load cash into a business by selling season tickets for the next season (that nobody can use till next season) just four months into a season 

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, Bez said:

Not trolling.  Fully serious. 

Fans can take advantage of this deal or wait for a later phase.   Or they can moan and whinge because something isn’t perfect for them.  

Chansiri has the fanbase worked out and it’s sad to see.  

Can you explain how its a deal? A "deal" usually involves some form of incentive such a discount or gift. There's no such incentive here, only strong arm tactics of buy in the first 5 days or the price goes up considerably. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

351BD21D-EEB3-4060-982D-A98E21DF85A2.jpeg

This quote is the absolute best one though 

Thing is there will be some fans who may just read this, think ‘ahhh that’s nice of him’ etc

JUST FREEZE THE PRICE UNTIL LATER!!!!

The ‘price freeze’ isn’t set in stone you know 🤣🤣🤣 ITS YOU THAT SETS THE PRIZE FREEZE DATES CHANSIRI 🤣🤣🤣

He takes us for absolute mugs and actually gets away with quotes like this because not enough people read it then analyse what it is he’s actually just said 

Look again at this quote 

Its unreal when you analyse it 

I must have missed it when loyal fans asked him to bring forward ST sales to BEFORE Christmas. 

Chancer using the term " loyal fans" makes my pi55 boil. ALL fans are loyal, not just his precious ST holders. 

Yet again he is having a dig at supporters who for whatever reason don't or cant buy season tickets. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bez said:

He’s offered a product.  Either you want to and can afford to buy it.  If so, so it.  

or you don’t want it or can’t afford it.  So don’t do it. 

Simple. 

Some fans probably can't take advantage because they're waiting to be refunded. 

• Like 3

As I see it, the issue here is the timing of it, given the his past dubious history.

Why December for a short period and not February for a longer period, we're not half way through the season ffs.

This could have an adverse effect, it has with me and look at the comments so far.

It will be an incentive for some and that's a personal choice but given his history, can't help thinking it's more than it is.

The guys's his own worst enemy but it's out there now and some will take up the offer, not me.

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

"The costs in league 1 are the same as the costs in The Championship"

"and if we go up to The Championship the costs will be more"

Errrr....

Beat me to it.

I hope this was just lost in translation, if not it's absolutely nuts.

If, as a lot think, its a cash grab to cover costs...Its not gonna get any better is it?

Its going to carry on, get worse and end in the inevitable.

This is the bloke that got us relegated through financial mismanagement, Its not simply affordability, its a bloody worry

I'll buy a season ticket.

In fact If chansiri had come out up front and said Wednesday needed the money..i would have got it Friday

I'm blaming him for the things he's bloody responsible for..No buggers making stuff up

Edited by asteener1867

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Some fans probably can't take advantage because they're waiting to be refunded. 

Cant understand why he wasn’t pecked about outstanding refunds in the interview last night 

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

It’s called a balanced view. Not like some on here running around the kitchen with pants on their head shouting DC is the anti christ. 

Yes because DC's history with us as a club and his relationship with the fans has been a glowing friendship.

I wonder why people have an aversion to him, don't trust him and don't like him in charge of the club. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I interpret ‘loyal supporters’ as those who give him their money 

Read the interview again but replace loyal supporters with ‘those who give me their money when I ask for it’

You could say this about 99% of his statements during his tenure here.

If you aren’t giving him money, or taking money away in the form of a refund, he questions your loyalty. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

All that reads like the price is going up regardless of what League we’re in?

So why would I buy next week to get ‘League One prices’ when the price is going to go up a week later regardless. And then up again next year. His argument about it being a reward is flawed by the incremental increase this month. There’s no justification for it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Even if it WAS well intentioned to let our fans buy next years season ticket just four months into this season it was an absolute CLUSTERFUCKKKK of an execution and a TOTAL PR DISASTER 

And still doesn’t explain lack of finance options when launched 

Either way - total MESS

If it was genuinely well intentioned it's an even more moronic decision.

• Love 1

Just now, NeonLeon said:

All that reads like the price is going up regardless of what League we’re in?

So why would I buy next week to get ‘League One prices’ when the price is going to go up a week later regardless. And then up again next year. His argument about it being a reward is flawed by the incremental increase this month. There’s no justification for it. 

It says so on the official site in the small print of the recent ticket offer that season ticket prices for next season will increase according to the current standing of the team 

Not sure anyone spotted it but it’s right there on the SWFC site 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Can you explain how its a deal? A "deal" usually involves some form of incentive such a discount or gift. There's no such incentive here, only strong arm tactics of buy in the first 5 days or the price goes up considerably. 

Hes offering a price freeze and guarantee of no increase in prices.   

Take it or leave it. 

• Like 1